Murrays Done It !!!!!!!! I Think ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good weekend for the British !!!! Hope you Scots feel proud for one of your sons because I do.   Well done Andy, never doubted he had the talent now he's shown the character to win the big one !!!

Posted Images

Brilliant well done to the kid Murray you gotta admire anyone who comes back stronger after defeat it shows character.........be interesting to see the next few years now if he can dominate the game......great result well in the jocks :thumbs:

• Like 4

Can't forget Lendl's contribution in the last 18 months to Murray's game, I watched and championed Murray for years now but the difference in the guys game of late is so noticable, the will to win every point is just great.

In the past Murray would've struggled to come back in that second set when he was 4-1 down in the past but not now, I'm hoping to see him start to put his mark down now these next 2-3 years and get a few more Slam titles.

:victory:

• Like 2

Johnnyboy you seem to know your shit......why did Jocavich continue to keep playing them little drop shots when Murray is obviously so quick around the court...i couldnt work that out......he came unstuck near every time but kept carrying on doing it...........or maybe i guess thats what a good player like Murray can do,as in cut down on your options.......just seemed like everything Jocavich tried Murray had an answer for.........very entertaining watching the highest level of sport like that when you dont really understand tactics etc..............and i only saw the last set :hmm:

• Like 1

Johnnyboy you seem to know your shit......why did Jocavich continue to keep playing them little drop shots when Murray is obviously so quick around the court...i couldnt work that out......he came unstuck near every time but kept carrying on doing it...........or maybe i guess thats what a good player like Murray can do,as in cut down on your options.......just seemed like everything Jocavich tried Murray had an answer for.........very entertaining watching the highest level of sport like that when you dont really understand tactics etc..............and i only saw the last set :hmm:

I honestly think that Djokovic thought he could wear Murray down and beat him in a grueller, which in the past would've probably happened imo especially at Wimbledon where the pressure is on Murray and all that emotional pressure used to effect him negatively. Djokovic didn't have an answer for Murrays speed and intensity today and that showed in his game when trying to pull drop shots off so much, Djokovic just didn't have a plan B and when his usual relentless aggressive play wasn't working he looked very ordinary.

I honestly think we'll see Murray as world number 1 soon, especially considering grass isn't his favourite surface and the next slams in the US where he usually does well.

• Like 1

I honestly think that Djokovic thought he could wear Murray down and beat him in a grueller, which in the past would've probably happened imo especially at Wimbledon where the pressure is on Murray and all that emotional pressure used to effect him negatively. Djokovic didn't have an answer for Murrays speed and intensity today and that showed in his game when trying to pull drop shots off so much, Djokovic just didn't have a plan B and when his usual relentless aggressive play wasn't working he looked very ordinary.

I honestly think we'll see Murray as world number 1 soon, especially considering grass isn't his favourite surface and the next slams in the US where he usually does well.

:thumbs: .........Maybe your right....i even thought myself Murray in previous matches looked to be blowing hard quite early on so perhaps Djocovic was trying to test his fitness..... maybe its just a mannerism with Murray as he,s obviously fit enough.

Be great to see him defend it next year regardless of the other tournaments.