Shakespeare Rods?

Anyone tried any lately? I'm not a tackle tart but when I was a kid they weren't worth having imo but I was having a look at this one http://m.sportsdirect.com/mt/www.sportsdirect.com/shakespeare-mach-2-xt-12ft-specimen-fishing-rod-941256?un_jtt_v_un_PDP=yes&un_jtt_v_un_info=&un_jtt_v_un_pers=&un_jtt_redirect

in a local shop last weekend and it seemed a really nice rod for the cash (it was 44 in there).

The bloke in there said they were the same as Abu now as its the same company? For 21 quid its gotta be worth a bash hasn't it?

I've got the rod mate ain't a bad little rod comes with a lighter tip as well witch is nice and sensitive but plenty strong enough.had a few barbel up to 11 pounds on it hit and hold snag fishing and it handled it just aswell as my fox duo rod that's triple the price,worth having for the price in my opinion.

I bought a baitrunner reel by Shakespeare at the weekend, 17£, seems like a well built piece, spare spool, nice smooth drag adjustment, decent gear/ratio.

I'd not really heard of the kit for a few yes, seems to be makin a comeback, chinks have probably bought the name and are doing a decent job of making the tackle

Cheers lads I reckon I'll grab one and give it a try. The old daiwa carp rod I borrowed off my uncle 20 years ago deserves a rest. I've had a price of 30 quid to re do the eyes and re varnish it so I'm gonna get it fixed up and look after it like I should have when I was a kid.

Shakespeare salmon fly rods are excellent for the money. You can get a oracle for less than £100 and they will compete with 3 or £400 rods from other manufactures. I have tried loads of different rods from different manufactures so am saying this through experience but as always just my personal opinion.

The ugly stick is a cracking spinning rod. I'm not one for having loads of rods for different jobs. I've an ugly stick for spinning and river fishing. An old diawa for bait sea fishing and boat and a greys GRXI+ fly rod for fly fishing. That's all I need. I have more older rods but these are my main 3 I use.

Ugly sticks are great boat rods IMO, use the lighter ones depending on the type of fishing also had the 9ft ugly stick spinning rod nice bit of kit.... the ugly stick is tried and tested, I don't know about the other types though.

Anyone tried any lately? I'm not a tackle tart but when I was a kid they weren't worth having imo but I was having a look at this one http://m.sportsdirect.com/mt/www.sportsdirect.com/shakespeare-mach-2-xt-12ft-specimen-fishing-rod-941256?un_jtt_v_un_PDP=yes&un_jtt_v_un_info=&un_jtt_v_un_pers=&un_jtt_redirect

in a local shop last weekend and it seemed a really nice rod for the cash (it was 44 in there).

The bloke in there said they were the same as Abu now as its the same company? For 21 quid its gotta be worth a bash hasn't it?

so that's why abu have gone down hill then . there new reels don't last a season.