Top Line Coursing Dog Men..question About Dog Diets.

Guest vin

fat is a slow realese energie source, skcat,,,sugars are quik release, in fact fat is sloer than complex carbs

Way slower and really cant be released hardly at all once heart rate is increased to a certain point. Its a resting energy release for the most part.

Yep n burnin just protein as energy sorce produces more latic acid build up

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chappie as a base meal,i always like to feed tilda wild rice with gree thai curry paste,a tin of amoy coconut milk for added fat and the night before coursing 3 bags of prawn crackers at 12 midnight..

You can feed a dog on fillet steak or Orijen which imo is the best complete dog meal available,[and so it should be at over £60 for 13kg], but if the dog is not getting the required amount of regula

I'm not a top coursing man , but in my experience, fitness conditioning is as, if not more important than the diet. Diet alone won't get and keep a dog running. Many years ago, my OH had a mongrelly

fat is a slow realese energie source, skcat,,,sugars are quik release, in fact fat is sloer than complex carbs

Way slower and really cant be released hardly at all once heart rate is increased to a certain point. Its a resting energy release for the most part.

In the human body fat is only used as a source of energy when carb sources are depleted. That's why long slow running over 30 minute is recommended in humans for losing weight.

In dogs IMO the days leading to a hunt should be carb based so that the dog can store energy sources then when finished the hunt a high protein feed for recovery. But at end of day no diet be any good without fitness

short sprints over a duration of 20mins (interval training ) will lose more weight than a slow run over 30mins ....after exercise a high carb based diet is the best to add recovery , same with dogs .....exercise and diet go hand in hand ,one without the other is no good

Edited by DEERMAN
  • Like 1

In the human body fat is only used as a source of energy when carb sources are depleted. That's why long slow running over 30 minute is recommended in humans for losing weight.

In dogs IMO the days leading to a hunt should be carb based so that the dog can store energy sources then when finished the hunt a high protein feed for recovery. But at end of day no diet be any good without fitness

short sprints over a duration of 20mins (interval training ) will lose more weight than a slow run over 30mins ....after exercise a high carb based diet is the best to add recovery , same with dogs .....exercise and diet go hand in hand ,one without the other is no good

Short bursts your using mostly carbs so i wouldnt recommend that for loosing weight and as for a high carb diet for after training I have to disagree yes they are important to recover stores but protein is number 1 to help rebuild the damaged muscle and recovery

• Like 1

Chappie as a base meal,i always like to feed tilda wild rice with gree thai curry paste,a tin of amoy coconut milk for added fat and the night before coursing 3 bags of prawn crackers at 12 midnight..then 5am before we set set off I like to give them a thimble full of harveys Bristol cream sherry with a fresh banty egg :toast:

• Like 7

Short bursts your using mostly carbs so i wouldnt recommend that for loosing weight and as for a high carb diet for after training I have to disagree yes they are important to recover stores but protein is number 1 to help rebuild the damaged muscle and recovery
That if you want build muscle like body builder diff for runnin athlete. Yes high protein shud be part of diet but carbs and fats play there role.

That if you want build muscle like body builder diff for runnin athlete. Yes high protein shud be part of diet but carbs and fats play there role.

I don't disagree that carbs and fats play a role a big one but for recovery protein in the number one component and its not just for building muscle it repairs damaged tissue which happens when exercing