Miles Johannesburg's Fantasy Life And Lies Exposed

I was one of the "taken in by him". I have always made my own choices in who I like and who I don't, and I must say now that when I got into this hobby I used to read his "diary" from the woods. Unknown to me the fact that he had not got any permission to live there, what I took for a man trying to turn back time and live and feed his family off the land he was in fact a squatter. Alright he had a way of trying to belittle others with big words which was above me and I was taken in by his lies, often thinking and even talking to my wife about "this young man trying to live off the land and bringing up his family". Even up to the time he was evicted I was still taken in. Hearing that Mike and his family including his youngsters was being evicted around Christmas and saying to my wife and my adult children that I could not and would not know how I would cope. Some members know that I can not work at the moment and money is extremely tight, but hearing Mikes dilemma I just knew that I had to try and help anyway I could. I thought I can at least know that him, his wife and children have a Christmas meal so I bought with what little money I had a large Christmas turkey.

What a dumb idiot am I? Sign your name here if you think i'm a dim-whit.

That's OK. Mary sent him a tinplate Diana rifle for his daughter he sold elsewhere!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your actions where of a that of a true gent, l hope miles forever hangs his head in shame for betraying such a kind and selfless gesture.

I met miles for the first time in feb 2012 and I considered him a mate. I only lived several miles away and we soon became shooting partners on land we had permission.   I shared some really fun an

Hi lads,   Not the thing that i would normally do, but this thing as got me a bit riled and this man needs exposing for the trouble causing bull shitter he is.   Its no big secret that Mike, Miles

I was one of the "taken in by him". I have always made my own choices in who I like and who I don't, and I must say now that when I got into this hobby I used to read his "diary" from the woods. Unknown to me the fact that he had not got any permission to live there, what I took for a man trying to turn back time and live and feed his family off the land he was in fact a squatter. Alright he had a way of trying to belittle others with big words which was above me and I was taken in by his lies, often thinking and even talking to my wife about "this young man trying to live off the land and bringing up his family". Even up to the time he was evicted I was still taken in. Hearing that Mike and his family including his youngsters was being evicted around Christmas and saying to my wife and my adult children that I could not and would not know how I would cope. Some members know that I can not work at the moment and money is extremely tight, but hearing Mikes dilemma I just knew that I had to try and help anyway I could. I thought I can at least know that him, his wife and children have a Christmas meal so I bought with what little money I had a large Christmas turkey.

What a dumb idiot am I? Sign your name here if you think i'm a dim-whit.

Mate you are not a idiot just shows your heart is in the right place ,nothing to be ashamed of ether .

Si he twisted a post I made which I wasn't to happy about.

At the risk of causing offence to anyone, if I remember correctly the majority of the people on here saw through him straight away and thought he was a total wank. It seems it was the airgunning guys that bought into his pish with many of them jumping to his defence.

• Like 3

At the risk of causing offence to anyone, if I remember correctly the majority of the people on here saw through him straight away and thought he was a total wank. It seems it was the airgunning guys that bought into his pish with many of them jumping to his defence.

What he said.

I could never understand the level of support he got from you guys when he was basically trying to steal someone elses land

Well im sure someone will read this and contact him.

It serves him right as it seems he as upset more people than I first thought.

If he doesn't like me thats fine.

Over the past 2 years ive lost friends on here for 1 reason or another. Some my fault as I type sometimes too fast before I think about it and im too hot headed, some its not my fault and I accept it.

I dont want to expand on that, but im not happy about lies being spread about me from anyone. Thats why the post was created.

Its obvious to me that you Si and Davy are both brilliant guys from the comments and relationships with the other members who know you personally and your brilliant and highly informative videos, some incredible shooting on the recreation park managers site chaps, hats of from me as usual.

Guys like myself are in inspired to improve and hopefully shoot this well with enough practise,

He'll no doubt in time disappear up his own arse whilst good honourable guys like yourselves will be here doing your good work for a very long time.

All the very best from North of the border.

Chris.

P.S - I hope to meet up with all of you at a THL meet in the next year or two.

• Like 3

I second that I'd like to meet a lot of the guys of here, and hopefully will do soon,

About miles not sure but sounds like a freeloader to me

And si, your the only other person (other than my self) that I've heard use the term oxygen thief,

Well in there mate you defend yourself,

Y.i.s

Rc1

• Like 1

No offence from me bigdaz but, what do you do with a bloke who appears one day and writes what he does? People here aren't stupid but, simply confer a good-natured respect and a trust to someone's word unconditionally. It's how that trust is abused that the real truth of the man emerges. Some folk cotton on faster and sooner than others.

I don't want to live in a cynical, twisted world where everyone's a potential bullshit con artist to be wary warned of. There's enough of that already out there. There are always great and good people. From the most unlikeliest sources sometimes, at that.

Simon

At the risk of causing offence to anyone, if I remember correctly the majority of the people on here saw through him straight away and thought he was a total wank. It seems it was the SOME OF airgunning guys that bought into his pish with many of them jumping to his defence.

What he said.

I could never understand the level of support he got from SOME OF you guys when he was basically trying to steal someone elses land

There are guys that naturally defend whats percieved as an easy target . Weather their from this section or not , is really immaterial .

I met miles for the first time in feb 2012 and I considered him a mate. I only lived several miles away and we soon became shooting partners on land we had permission.

I shared some really fun and good times with him and he came across in person alot different to the one everyone sees on the net.

I guess I was his ying and he my yang given our ideals couldn't be further from each other but we gelled. I knew mike didn't have permission to live where he did, that wasnt my battle so didn't really care as I could see in terms of squatters he was treating the land he was on with respect, not littering and was loved by the locals.

I tried to help him and his family as much as I could and he's even been to my house several times. My kids loved him and I also now and again took him shopping for food supplies due to him not having transport.

I have publicly defended him on most occasions on here to be mocked by other members but I believed that's what friends do and back each other when they believe they should.

I then designed and made a new website for miles called airgun addicts whereby I was granted admin to supply written articles of reviews etc. I made the logos for that site as well.

Since miles got banned several things have happened!

Si my mate and range shooting partner moved to Gloucestershire and we go shooting together alot.

Miles didn't agree that I had treated him in a fair way and said I am hanging around with his enemies and its not fair I keep telling him where I have been and with whom, I then got told I never defended him when he was banned as friends should, but I cannot defend someone who is on a self destruct target! I did step in when a member got so cross with him he threatened violance and it was immediately removed. I would be betraying myself if I didn't intervene on one person offering another violance.

The upshot is that since the start of June this year I was told by miles he could no longer be close to me, he was closing a chapter of his life, THL and along with that me. He hasn't been in touch since that time, doesn't want to know me anymore after all we went through and has even banned me from airgun addicts, a site that was a joint venture and I made all the graphics for. I have no way to remove my graphics from a site he now runs and shit me out off and have been cast to the side.

Who's the c**t now? Miles? No its me, that's the way I've been left to feel whilst he carries on laughing.

An I hurt by it all? Yeah big time!

Sorry if this bored the f**k out of everyone but its not just si, Davey, tony or miles this has effected. Here lies another casualty of being mugged off!

Phil

Edited by Mawders
  • Like 10

What I will say in his defense is he does have genuine permissions to hunt on. He didn't have 'permission' to live where he did. Just thought I would defend my old friend!

Maybe I'm defending him way to late and why I was such a bad friend!

What I will say in his defense is he does have genuine permissions to hunt on. He didn't have 'permission' to live where he did. Just thought I would defend my old friend!

Phil, I completely understand the ying and yang aspect of friendship. I've had friends who would be seen as completely incomaptible with me and my outlook, yet something makes you look beyond those things.

Sometimes, we come to the end of what binds two people together, and that's just that.

I've had a number of friends in the past who seem hell bent on self destruction. Sometimes... often in fact, there is nothing you can do to change them. They just need to take the path they choose.

It looks like he's chosen his, leave him to it I'd say.

Life's too short...

• Like 2

Still the gent and with no bitterness, leave the remorse for others. There’s only one loser and from what I read in previous posts he bought it all upon himself.

Regards, Steve

• Like 4

Do you know Steve if he came to my door now I would still treat him like a brother. I'm not gonna run him down, I've never spoken badly of him and have actually defended him to some people. I'm just sad it ended the way it did. Maybe you can't be friends with everyone without pissing someone off.

Lesson learnt!

Phil

• Like 2

Lifes a funny old thing, when he first came on here he seemed quite a humble, thoughtful guy, but as time went on and his popularity increased (across the web, not just here) he started getting a bit arrogant and full of his self. Then he started filming, used a comedy vid as an attack on si and davy and started intellectually bullying people whenever he was challenged, which I didn't think too much of, but since others stated what I was thinking,i kept schtumm, particularly as this section was all too full of slagging at the time. I think we're better off without him these days for sure.

Rog, youre one of lifes genuinely nice people, and I'm sorry you were taken in by him, but please don't let the experience embitter you mate.

As to si and davy, you guys have genuinely enhanced my life both as fellow shooters and as (damn good) friends, which I don't say lightly, and I consider you both first rate geezers of the highest order. Anyone who says different either a) doesn't know you, or B) is a c@nt.

Cheers, wurz

• Like 4