My Boy Messed Up.....

Glad everyones ok and al bet he never does that again

I've a nice little .22 hole in my garage roof from when i was adjusting my trigger on a 97 3 years ago.

I had it set so light that when i lifted the gun into the vertical postion for a moment it went off without touching the trigger.

No more trigger adjusting in the garage.

Atb

Chris.

• Like 3

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went out shooting yesterday with my two lads(11 and 14) and my mate Paul and his boy (11).   My two have been coming out with me for the last six or so years and they've been hammered by me from d

and a lesson learnt --sometimes you have to feck up to learn I`m sure it`ll be a lifetime lesson ..

Wouldn't have happened with a PCP....................

This is what makes good life time shooters, you learn good solid gun safety practice, so that if things go awry, and we all know it happens, that you come out the other end with either no damage, or just a minor fright :thumbs:

At the end of the day it was a minor incedent and know one was hurt..i have had it happen to me several times over the year's when younger and you sharp get sick when you bend the old relum barrel and break the cross hair in your best 4 x 15 scope's.. :D ..it's all a learning curve in firearm handling for when you move onto something more lethal..

I was talking to a pal the other day who mentioned to me about a couple of his mate's who where out decoying with the shotgun..the gun was stood up in the hide which started to slide over..apparently they both went to grab it at the same time..one lad grabbed the barrel end while the other went to grab the stock..the lad who grabbed the stock hit the trigger resulting in blowing his mates finger off.. :icon_eek: ..now if they had made several minor mistake's when younger i'm sure that lad would still have all his finger's.. ;)

• Like 3

Thanks again, lads.

Simon, if either one of them was going to f**k up I'd have put my money on Toby. That's not to say he's wreckless but he can be a bit of an air-head sometimes. Oscar's normally so studious and sensible so I guess it just goes to show that we can all screw things up sometimes.

How are you fixed for this weekend? Your place or mine?? Saturday's best for me.

Aww YEAH! Love to mate. Saturday will be fine for me too. I'll call you Andy. ;)

Nearly shot my mate in the foot once with a pistol whilst shooting chickens. it was my first gun and I was named the knacker man by my mates as I used to shoot their old chickens for ferret food. the best way I find to keep safe is to get a gun with a safety catch which is like a second trigger(don't know the technical term!)

If I were 14 and did that... and got a massive bollocking off my old man for it..... I'd probably hate him just a little for the embarrassment of it, hate myself a little for doing it in the first place, and rememeber to never do it again!

Then I would live through my teens and twenties and then one day actually grow up and realise my Dad was right to bollock me for that! And I would be thankful that I still had all my digits intact, and be facially free of pellets..... and realise I had a good, well considered take on safety around guns.

I would then endeavour to teach my children to be aware and safe in what they do, but have great fun doing it just like my father did!

I don't see anything wrong in what you did to teach your son. Glad no one got hurt, other than a bent ear!

• Like 1

. the best way I find to keep safe is to get a gun with a safety catch which is like a second trigger(don't know the technical term!)

A saftey catch will not make the gun safe..i don't trust them one bit..even with the saftey on my gun will alway's be pointed in the safe position..it's all metal and spring's which can break at any time without warning..i had a HW 77k some time ago..when i cocked it with the under lever i got nearly all the way to the end with the pellet just about to be placed in..and the nipple bit of metal on the loading arm snapped off and slammed the piston forward..if i was a mille second quicker at putting the pellet in i would of lost my finger and thumb..or had them smashed..IMO NEVER rely on any gun's saftey feature's as they can break..i rely on my gun saftey conscience much more..be it a air rifle/rimfire or shotgun they are all treated with the utmost respect..

• Like 2

. the best way I find to keep safe is to get a gun with a safety catch which is like a second trigger(don't know the technical term!)

A saftey catch will not make the gun safe..i don't trust them one bit..even with the saftey on my gun will alway's be pointed in the safe position..it's all metal and spring's which can break at any time without warning..i had a HW 77k some time ago..when i cocked it with the under lever i got nearly all the way to the end with the pellet just about to be placed in..and the nipple bit of metal on the loading arm snapped off and slammed the piston forward..if i was a mille second quicker at putting the pellet in i would of lost my finger and thumb..or had them smashed..IMO NEVER rely on any gun's saftey feature's as they can break..i rely on my gun saftey conscience much more..be it a air rifle/rimfire or shotgun they are all treated with the utmost respect..
Well said! A guy who taught me said there's no such thing as a safety catch, switching it off is just part of mounting the gun.

Edit: bloody phone predictive typing wrong words lol.

Edited by tomburras