Stoat X Ferret.

I bought a ferret listed as a "X" breed..

Its got a bit of something else in it thats for sure.

I was first suspicious when it grew to 30kg and killed my girlfriend :sorry:

Anyone shed some light on what it might be? ;)

Heres a photo of the little rascal and deceased girlfriend

attachicon.gifwolverineidaho.jpg

Ah the ever popular Wolverine cross, always wanted to try one of those.. Even more keen now I know they have spouse removal qualities.. :whistling::laugh:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought a ferret listed as a "X" breed..   Its got a bit of something else in it thats for sure.   I was first suspicious when it grew to 30kg and killed my girlfriend   Anyone shed some light

So basically if you keep breeding it back to a good steady working ferret eventually after many generations you get yep a ferret ,

The member on here rake about has all the exotic crosses a bit more expensive than a ferret but well worth it , but he dont like to talk about or show his extensive crosses off

Posted Images

I would love to have a tame stoat that retrieved to hand, I love seeing them chasing rabbits across a field and then dragging them off. It would be like having a ferret and lurcher combo, but it's not going to happen by crossing a ferret and a stoat is it? You will just end up with what amounts to a pain in the arse ferret that will probably bite like others have said, so what's the point.

Anyway that link to them for sale has to be a con, the photos are nicked off Google and they aren't even described properly. No doubt they will sell ferrets to the gullible at £150 a go.

It looks like a mink to me as well

Looks like a mink to me too. I just wanted to see if anybody has a picture of a stoat cross that's all. but no I wouldn't want a hybrid as to much digging.

Nah that is definitely a stoat or weasel! only one way to find out if its not a con is to arrange to see them ;)

Love to read about crosses, I wouldn't take one though. That link shows a mink. If your going to somehow manage a hybrid, be prepared to dig often and then take prey from a defensive animal.

looks like a mink to me also, the one pic a ferret,. the next a stoat, then a mink :laugh:

do stoat crosses exist? Never seen one before.

The member on here rake about has all the exotic crosses a bit more expensive than a ferret but well worth it , but he dont like to talk about or show his extensive crosses off

some of these posts on here, absolutly crack me up, stoat x ferret :laugh:

Just bred my ferret with my jack Russell , it's called a jack ferret lol, anyone think it will catch on, the puppies or kits to be known as pits will be worth a lot of money and make me very rich, butim not in it for the money lmao

Cheers for reading my shit atb gaz

• Like 1

Although some members will be calling this bullocks or whatever, don't care. Probably never handled a real polecat-ferret cross.

The ferret- EU (wild) polecat crosses, at least the half crosses I've seen and handled, would be of no use ferreting.

They are nervous, fast, strong and fierce. The kill and hunt drive is more than I would like. Not a nice creature to be around. The 1/4 starts can be handy but you will be digging. The 1/8 starts to be of some use but still, generally you will still be digging quite frequently compared to a normal decent working ferret.

The jills can be pretty small in a 1/2 cross but the hobbs usually end up being gigantic. Both only usefull as breeding material, due to size and or character.

I imagine a stoat, mink or whatever cross (at least the half cross, and who nows if you will be able to get a 1/4 or 1/8) to be just as useless. Very interesting from a genetic point of view but ferreting wise, I'd go for a ferret from working parents and be done with it. Especially because of the big money some are asking.

The EU polecat crosses are just as expensive as ferrets from hunting parents are over here. (around 20-30 GBP) So if you really fancy one or a few, just take a ferry. btw: I don't sell them! The 1/2 jill I've owned was such a little dictator in my ferreting quarters I've rehomed her to a ferreting buddy.

Edited by Bossie

Although some members will be calling this bullocks or whatever, don't care. Probably never handled a real polecat-ferret cross.

The ferret- EU (wild) polecat crosses, at least the half crosses I've seen and handled, would be of no use ferreting.

They are nervous, fast, strong and fierce. The kill and hunt drive is more than I would like. Not a nice creature to be around. The 1/4 starts can be handy but you will be digging. The 1/8 starts to be of some use but still, generally you will still be digging quite frequently compared to a normal decent working ferret.

The jills can be pretty small in a 1/2 cross but the hobbs usually end up being gigantic. Both only usefull as breeding material, due to size and or character.

I imagine a stoat, mink or whatever cross (at least the half cross, and who nows if you will be able to get a 1/4 or 1/8) to be just as useless. Very interesting from a genetic point of view but ferreting wise, I'd go for a ferret from working parents and be done with it. Especially because of the big money some are asking.

The EU polecat crosses are just as expensive as ferrets from hunting parents are over here. (around 20-30 GBP) So if you really fancy one or a few, just take a ferry. btw: I don't sell them! The 1/2 jill I've owned was such a little dictator in my ferreting quarters I've rehomed her to a ferreting buddy.

Is £20-30 considered expensive??

I'd say so.

I'd say so.

So would i for something thats not going to be much use or put many rabbits in the bag at the end of the day

• Like 2