New Season In France

We don't kill an animal in the hole. We catch the quarry without wound it. So here, we are using special tongs : the largest for the body, the little one for paws. They are made to be safe.
At the end we can release the badger or dispatch it outside the terrier.

attachicon.gifPrise.jpg

Blaise, what is the long pipe used for? Hope you have a good season.

The long pipe is our phone.
During the hunt, we hear the dog barking with. This pipe is introduced in the hole. It's used to speak at the dog too.
We use it in two other ways.
When you need to collapse near the dog (sand for example), first you introduce the pipe, so your dog has some air.
Last way, at the end, when the dog is attached at the leash and badger stayed at the end of the tunnel. We tickle the badger with the pipe. Usually, badger goes out (50% success).

Thanks for that Blaise, I had thought about getting air into a tube but not the other uses.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know exactly what do you mean by "mix", it means to bite ? If it means to bite, they are more barkers than mixers. Betty, the left one on the pic, is my best jack (10 badgers in 5 hunts this

Some pics from my digging class  

Posted Images

Does your season finish soon blaise? & has it been a good one?

The end of the season is the 15th of january. Before we'll have two hunts.
A good season, three young dogs started. One's too hard and two very good workers. Except during july, all the hunts was good. We had good people and nice places.
  • Like 1

Does your season finish soon blaise? & has it been a good one?

The end of the season is the 15th of january. Before we'll have two hunts.

A good season, three young dogs started. One's too hard and two very good workers. Except during july, all the hunts was good. We had good people and nice places.

That's great......hopefully I can reschedule for next season ;-) enjoy your off-season blaise :-)

• Like 3

Off-season is very short. We hunt big game (boar) until the end of february. During march, we'll go to venerie meetings (with hounds). May be one or two hunt of foxes during april. And the badger season is open in may.

• Like 2

Off-season is very short. We hunt big game (boar) until the end of february. During march, we'll go to venerie meetings (with hounds). May be one or two hunt of foxes during april. And the badger season is open in may.

If you need a surgical operation, april is the better. The 11 other months are too busy.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...