New Season In France

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know exactly what do you mean by "mix", it means to bite ? If it means to bite, they are more barkers than mixers. Betty, the left one on the pic, is my best jack (10 badgers in 5 hunts this

Some pics from my digging class  

Posted Images

Speechless to say the least! Incredible blaise.. how much easier it would make our life over here in the Uk if we adopted that mentality...

Do these pupils just learn about digging and there quarry or do they have an exam at the end of it?

These pupils are learning breeding (dogs ans cats), kennel management and dog training with belgian shepherd. Each of them have a belgian sheperd puppy at the beginning and they keep their dog during 2 years. Later these dogs are sold to police, army or private security.
For few days they are learning hunting hounds and terriers. It isn't their main class. They'll have a little test.
None of them is hunter and some of them are against hunting. But they respect what we do, professors are straight whit this principle.
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Great pics Blaise, (Im learning french now!!! haha) do you kill most of what you dig, or is it upto the landowner, do you re-locate at any time???......cheers

We dispatch most of the badgers because they aren't hunted sufficiently in my area.
Sometimes we release when we're in the forest.
Nobody is allowed to relocate a wild animal in France (nevertheless may be some lads have done...).

Cheers Blaise, one more question, do you get badgers or foxes with rabies and do the terriers get treated for it at any time...

Before the middle of 80's, foxes and badgers was destroyed in order to stop rabies. A huge eradication with chemical means.
Since 1986, foxes have been vaccinated with baits dispatched by helicopter. This has been a great success. We have no more rabies in France.
In fact, the last european rabies wasn't dangerous for human. Some older type of rabies was lethal. The late case of death by rage in france (continental) was in 1924.
  • Like 1