Please can everyone like our page-Badger Cull 2013-Support our Farmers!

The cull is approaching (it can start any time from 1st June), and we are trying to build up the largest pro-cull voice possible. It would be nice to beat some of the anti pages. So please show your support for bovine TB eradication (this is an important first step) and for our farmers, and press like!

Thanks

Page: www.(!64.56:886/BadgerCulling

• Like 2

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Makes my piss boil all the time , effort and money spent by these buny hugging pricks to save old brock yet when a british service man is murdered in the uk not one of the spineless twats has out to s

We have unblanced nature in so many ways. The natural world cannot regulate its self as it used to. The introduction of so many alien species has tipped the balance in many cases , we are in danger

Lift the protected species law and let the farmers shoot cull and make there own minds up if they want them on the land or not, all this political shit!!!

Brain dead may just been on radio two. Getting good pr. he has made a new record called wait for it

BADGER SWAGGER with a rapper. Ready for release he has some big names lined up Cliff richard , lol

Edited by gonetoearth

Brain dead may just been on radio two. Getting good pr. he has made a new record called wait for it

BADGER SWAGGER with a rapper. Ready for release he has some big names lined up Cliff richard , lol

Wait till he finds out rappers songs always include shooting something. :laugh:

"See that black and white mo'fo. Gonna bust a cap in it's ass".

• Like 4

I don't get how a badger cull will erradicate bTB when there are a whole other multitude of creatures that harbour and spread it. Deer, wild boar, cats, dogs, rats and alpacas are just a few, so why aren't measures being put in place to cull these alongside an improvement of animal husbandry?

The previous cull provided conclusive evidence that it made no difference to the numbers of bTB cases in the trialled area. I fear this is just a way of giving in the nutty NFU leadership team and hiding the fact that hundreds of millions of public money has been wasted on research, compensation and development for an innoculation but the best they can come up with is a vaccine that shows a positive result to the bTB test activator. This is just a cheaper alternative to trapping and vaccinating the badgers for which there IS a verified vaccine. Sure Brian May is a bit of a dick but I don't think a cull is the way to manage this. Maybe of the farmers stopped spreading confirmed infected slurry from their pits into their fields as fertiliser that would be a big step in the right direction. Plenty of farmers have badgers living on their land and have yet to see and outbreak case on their land.

• Like 1

I don't get how a badger cull will erradicate bTB when there are a whole other multitude of creatures that harbour and spread it. Deer, wild boar, cats, dogs, rats and alpacas are just a few, so why aren't measures being put in place to cull these alongside an improvement of animal husbandry?

The previous cull provided conclusive evidence that it made no difference to the numbers of bTB cases in the trialled area. I fear this is just a way of giving in the nutty NFU leadership team and hiding the fact that hundreds of millions of public money has been wasted on research, compensation and development for an innoculation but the best they can come up with is a vaccine that shows a positive result to the bTB test activator. This is just a cheaper alternative to trapping and vaccinating the badgers for which there IS a verified vaccine. Sure Brian May is a bit of a dick but I don't think a cull is the way to manage this. Maybe of the farmers stopped spreading confirmed infected slurry from their pits into their fields as fertiliser that would be a big step in the right direction. Plenty of farmers have badgers living on their land and have yet to see and outbreak case on their land.

To be fair I haven't read enough of the evidence/alternatives to reducing bTB to debate the suggestions your making BUT taking on board the areas you've highlighted such as spreading slurry and animal husbandry why would it make sense to spend even more money vaccinating a pest species rather than culling?

This 'varified vaccine'...... I was under the beliefe that the EU had not legalised it yet? And probably won't for another 10 years?

Also, how is it administered, oral or injectable? If it's injectable how the hell do you catch every badger in the country from now untill an indeffinate time in the future? If it's oral, how do you ensure all badgers munch it?

• Like 1

To be fair I haven't read enough of the evidence/alternatives to reducing bTB to debate the suggestions your making BUT taking on board the areas you've highlighted such as spreading slurry and animal husbandry why would it make sense to spend even more money vaccinating a pest species rather than culling?

Badgers are a pest species? Where is that stated? What pest activity do they carry out?

Why would it make more sense to wipe out a species that has perfectly adequate vaccine to prevent the individual becoming a host or transport? Under that argument anyone with a common cold should be terminated to prevent the spread of the virus but unlike witht he common cold bTB has a multitude of carriers across various species.

The "science" behidn the cull proposition suggests that bTB cases will reduce by 16%. WTF is causing the 84% then and why aren't folk looking at the causes of the larger sections instead of wiping out something that causes just 16%?

DEFRA themselves only 5yrs ago stated that the common single intradermal comparative cervical tuberculin (SICCT) test which is used on British cattle had more than positive results (pardon th pun) - "Many countries have eradicated bTB through the systematic application of the tuberculin skin test alone and the slaughter of all test reactors."

No culling of any wildlife required.

http://archive.defra.gov.uk/foodfarm/farmanimal/diseases/atoz/tb/control/tuberculin.htm

The issue lies in intensive farming which a result fo consumer demands. Demands for cheaper and cheaper produce has meant that farmers have to cram as many animals as they can the turn a profit which is bound to backfire somewhere along the lines and in this case the badger is to blame and must face the brunt of the blinkered people who can not accpet that consumer behaviour has to change in ordre for farming practices to change in order for the catalysts for bTB to be reduced. This will focus on the 84% reduction factors and not the 16% factors.

The only thing the 16% factors focus on is to give some relief to those who wish to blast all and sundry in the countryside to bits who feel they have had a involuntary vaccectomy since the hunting ban came in. They just can't get enough popping off the odd bit here and there, they want the feeling of being able to shoot something different and as shooting badgers hasn't been legal since the last ice age it's new and exciting to them rather than them thinking "Hang on, we had badgers and cattle on this land for millenia and yet this is a relatively new thing?"

Vets are even holding their hands up and saying "We are sorry we didn;t spot bTB In cats and dogs earlier!" and the pro-cullers are coming back with "Shhh! There's badgers to kill!"

This cull will not serve as anything except to take out a link in our natural wildife which could have disasterous knock effects for other species you ARE allowed to shoot legally.

• Like 1

The badger population is artificially high due to its prolonged period of protected status. a cull is well over due btb or no btb

:good: In a truely natural environment they would not be an apex predator. Large canids, lynx, bear etc would all prey on old brock!

• Like 1