Half Tempted To Let My Pup Av A Go On A Couple Advice Needed Asap

A farmer getting lots of hassle with rabbits my pup is nearly 9 month I know people say not till 12 months was going to let her have a blast on one or two and keeps the farmer happy let me know what you think thanks

Good age for bunny,s,few short outings will do the mutt more good than harm,if the dog snaffles them with ease don,t be tempted to overdo the outings,if it struggles,wait another couple of months,keep an eye on the temperature at this time of year as it will quickly drain the energy from a mutt.

• Like 2

If it was me i hold on but thats just me. No harm ever come's by waiting just them extra couple of months young pups full on and dry weather and baked ground dont mix,

If you think your pups mental ready for it then go for it........

• Like 1

if the grounds not bell iron ,id start it slowly slowly,close slips,sitters,and tell the farmer you had 20s 30s etc :yes: this is asumming stock breaking,recall,retrieve,etc is all in place.or your just make more probs for yourself

Edited by Qbgrey

For me, as im in the same oat, now is the time to get the pup behind a few bunnys.

but as has been said, don't over do it, and be aware of the heat.

Big rests in-between runs and take your time, then in 2 weeks, pop out again.

• Like 1

whats already been said my dog has got a swollen front knuckle through hard ground just by chasing the pup so be carefull if your runnin the pup were cattle have left deep foot prints in soft ground thats now solid :thumbs:

• Like 2

Only you know your pups abilities and the vagueries of the ground, they ain't gonna be hard wise bunnies, half grown corn munchers most likely but only you can decide.so take ya balls in ya hand and make ya choice! Imho.

Patience Grasshopper lol..tell the farmer you've been and are continuing to do so...I was once young believe it or not and I learned the hard way,if your pup ain't mentally ready believe me it will be something you may regret for the rest of your life,if it fecks about there is every chance it will continue to do so for the rest of its running days?...I know you've put some hard work into the pup and is it really worth going for a few bunnies to risk throwing all that away?..as the saying goes would you send a child to do a mans job?...the answer my friend is....?

• Like 5