Salukis Are Like Marmite.

Simple i hate them but i understand why people love them , ever dog has a job and when it comes to hares they are top dog but anything that bites back, let the hardy breeds which arent as good at hares do their job eg wheaton.beddy,bull, collie ,crosses ..they dont suit me or the land i hunt or the quarry i prefer so thats why i dont like them, not hard enough..thats a view on someone who hates them..as for recall the crosses i had was perfect and a nice all round dog to deal with but just not cut for bigger game..my friend in the north has him coursing and thinks his a 5*star dog on hares and i gave that dog everthing but just wasnt built for the job...and before people have a go dont talk Sh*t that salukis are suited to all game because they are clearly not. :yes:

a saluki's main job in the dessert is to catch gazelle if thats not big game i dont know what is and i got a video on my phone with a saluki smashing 3 foxes in 20 mins on the lamp so think your way off the mark with them only being good on hares mate

• Like 1

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

salukis have been around for approx 6,000 years , so they stood the test of time as a hunting dog and companion. if you think you cant handle one leave it to those who can .. ..saves alot of gr

almura saluki ,saudi arabia

the so called stupidity can and often is , mistaken for high intelegance, . grossly misunderstood by alot of folk ..challanging , conflict of wills .certainly not for the inpatient

Posted Images

first dog fox my pups ever seen pre ban just out mooching cream dog was 4 month and other 16 month old. them was the days back then wasnt theywam0dz.jpg

kc your the ultimate hunter no kc not for the women

salukis have been around for approx 6,000 years , so they stood the test of time as a hunting dog and companion. if you think you cant handle one leave it to those who can .. ..saves alot of greif for the dog being passed on ;)

The post of the century!! :victory:

your talking crap no self respecting saluki owner breeder in the middle east will put anything into thier dogs other than a saluki, She took that at 10 months she will take them for fun now also if she is slipped on them she will take one above ground before your bull x guaranteed as for a bull collie hound not my kind of dog but you cetainly know didly sqat about salukis

desertbred may not of owned any thing else but saluki's well i have ive owned all sorts most the xs you can name and if i aint owned them ive been out with them in the field and ive seen and owned saluki's that will do anyting you put in front of them if you get a good 1 it will be something special i know there is more bad than good thats cause people using show stuff and classing them all the same there not the same at all now i dont know weather you have ever seen a saluki work but i doubt it and if you were to see a proper 1 i think you would change your mind my old dog used to take fallow at least 4 times sometimes 7 times a week and take the knocks and bruises that come with it but never refused to run this desert bred is a very knowlagable man he has owned saluki's all of his life uk bred and desertbred stuff his dogs are fine animals cappable of taking more than just the odd hare you could learn a lot from him your only 22 and you wont get far in life if your not willing to learn a bit of some thing you know nothing about atb pp

• Like 3

If the background of the photo was open fen land you'd think this was a UK/Ireland bred coursing hybrid, not a feather in sight.

since when did salukis have to be feathered please enlighten us ?

If the background of the photo was open fen land you'd think this was a UK/Ireland bred coursing hybrid, not a feather in sight.

:hmm:

:hmm:

smooth is the dominant gene ;)

Didnt say they did have to be bud....read it thru and I wasnt that clear. What I mean is the 'real mcoy' saluki shown in this pic is a fit strong game bred coursing type not too different than the better Uk bred hybrids and a long way from the feathered showy type most people think of when you talk about saluki. Y'know the cow hocked ones that run like a pissed up bambi on roller skates.

Didnt say they did have to be bud....read it thru and I wasnt that clear. What I mean is the 'real mcoy' saluki shown in this pic is a fit strong game bred coursing type not too different than the better Uk bred hybrids and a long way from the feathered showy type most people think of when you talk about saluki. Y'know the cow hocked ones that run like a pissed up bambi on roller skates.

:laugh::laugh: do you have any pictures of the cow hocked bambi things ;)