Salukis Are Like Marmite.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

salukis have been around for approx 6,000 years , so they stood the test of time as a hunting dog and companion. if you think you cant handle one leave it to those who can .. ..saves alot of gr

almura saluki ,saudi arabia

the so called stupidity can and often is , mistaken for high intelegance, . grossly misunderstood by alot of folk ..challanging , conflict of wills .certainly not for the inpatient

Posted Images

I'm no fan of Salukis. . . . but in their home countries. . . . are they not used on a right mix of quarry inc. Fox, Jackle, Boar etc???

Edited to add - and how come saluki/bull/grey are popular all rounders?

Edited by Ideation

There looks to be a world of difference between the saluki that is worked in the deserts and the show stuff Ive seen in this country :yes:

The saluki that are ran in the desert to me look a lot like the coursing dogs in this country that are ran on the fens :hmm:

Edited by C Hall
  • Like 3

salukis have been around for approx 6,000 years , so they stood the test of time as a hunting dog and companion. if you think you cant handle one leave it to those who can .. ..saves alot of greif for the dog being passed on ;)

Obviously good advice. But tell me, what could i expect if i bought a saluki or saluki hybrid. How different from a bitza say?

You obviously know your salukis, I haven't a clue-educate me please.

salukis have been around for approx 6,000 years , so they stood the test of time as a hunting dog and companion. if you think you cant handle one leave it to those who can .. ..saves alot of greif for the dog being passed on ;)

Obviously good advice. But tell me, what could i expect if i bought a saluki or saluki hybrid. How different from a bitza say?

You have to brush their ears a lot more. :D

• Like 2

:laugh: well ive been told ptenty of times from the so called experts on thl i know fk all. my dogs are show ponys , so maybe there are better qualified than me to give you good advice ,perhaps some of the saluki puppy pedlers would be well qualified to give advice :whistling:

:laugh: well ive been told ptenty of times from the so called experts on thl i know fk all. my dogs are show ponys , so maybe there are better qualified than me to give you good advice ,perhaps some of the saluki puppy pedlers would be well qualified to give advice :whistling:

Being insulted by THL members is part and parcel of membership. :laugh:

You obviously do know your stuff but are being huffy and unhelpful.

Share your knowledge of the breed and tell me what to expect from a saluki or a saluki saturated hybrid.

Being insulted by THL members is part and parcel of membership. :laugh:

You obviously do know your stuff but are being huffy and unhelpful.

Share your knowledge of the breed and tell me what to expect from a saluki or a saluki saturated hybrid.

:tongue2: piss off ive gone mardy :laugh: