I'm having the same problem mate.. I put a plastic fence around my lawn but my big lurcher jumps it for fun.... well at least it's cut my problem in half lol.....

I tried a fence as well...within 2 days my lab just sprang straight over it without even taking a run up :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Astro turf lad or go to b & q and get a roll of turf )

I've often joked about astro turf but it's not a bad idea really.   My dog has destroyed my lawn, it was only laid 2 years ago. Little bugger loves digging holes.

membrane and a couple of ton of stone

I mixed the seed with compost and the rain washed it off and choked the drain at the back of the garage lol them i fenced off a bit and it grew quiet well but the snow and dog pee killed it im really going to have to look at something else long term

had the same problems you lads are having going back a few year at the time i had 7 terriers and a lurcher -- i took the top off the turf put weed killer down membrane and 3 1/2 ton of stone the mrs planted in it and i put some half oak barrels planted out around the place problem solved ....

• Like 1

I mixed the seed with compost and the rain washed it off and choked the drain at the back of the garage lol them i fenced off a bit and it grew quiet well but the snow and dog pee killed it im really going to have to look at something else long term

Slabs........ :thumbs:

• Like 1

I have four bitches and a dog, and a small lawn which my kids play on. had the same problem as you mate. The dogs get leaded up first thing when I take them out so they can't empty out on the garden, its these big first pisses that do that the damage, If one bitch goes they all do over the top ! looks like a fecking nuclear spill in a week. returf its cheaper than you think ....about £3 a roll, get it established well and don't cut it to short. I cut it on level 3 from the shortest cut. Then after cut the lawn once a month it grows thick and so quick you won't see the damage , everynow and then couple rolls of turf to fill in the little gaps. seeds a pain in the ass ! turf you lol, can walk on in two weeks. it used to drive be nuts it looking shit

I have gardening buisness so easyer said than done, still toying with a little picket fence around it lol.....and the hose pipe on stand by incase they decide the grass is greener on the other side lol.

:thumbs:

Bob

I have a great little pigeon trap you can borrow

I`ll be through your way late next week and can bring it through if yeh like, It`s brilliant for your problem

Lay the trap oot, throw some seed in it,, job done, cage foo oh doos :laugh:

i remember a fella that we used to do terrier work for on a shoot kept 3 labs in the house he put a small slabbed area in with a drain in his back garden -- the dogs had been trained from pups to use it as a toilet without fail he`d let them out and they`d use it he just used to hose it into the drain ---- i think i used it for a piss myself for a laugh once when we where round for a bbq --- stella :icon_eek:

• Like 1

i remember a fella that we used to do terrier work for on a shoot kept 3 labs in the house he put a small slabbed area in with a drain in his back garden -- the dogs had been trained from pups to use it as a toilet without fail he`d let them out and they`d use it he just used to hose it into the drain ---- i think i used it for a piss myself for a laugh once when we where round for a bbq --- stella :icon_eek:

My lurcher is like a fecking B52 walking round the garden, he needs about half an acre to empty his guts.. :( He goes off into the top corner, spins round a few times then its 'bombs away' all the way down the fecking lawn! :laugh: Then if he ain't finished, its another quick spin and off in another direction! He'll have a shock when I finally get round to building a run and he can't use the whole garden for one shit any more.. ;)

My lurcher is like a fecking B52 walking round the garden, he needs about half an acre to empty his guts.. :( He goes off into the top corner, spins round a few times then its 'bombs away' all the way down the fecking lawn! :laugh: Then if he ain't finished, its another quick spin and off in another direction! He'll have a shock when I finally get round to building a run and he can't use the whole garden for one shit any more.. ;)

got a terrier here he pisses up the same 4 bushs twice a day .. all at 90mph --- :D

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 1

got a terrier here he pisses up the same 4 bushs twice a day .. all at 90mph --- :D
What is it with terriers? I let mine out and she has to get up to the top of the garden at full pelt no matter what time of day I let her out or how many times she's been out! :huh::laugh: It gets my lurcher wound up because he thinks there's a reason that he has to get up there before her and if I let them out together, he gets that wound up he ends up giving her a crafty dig when he finds there's nothing out there to get excited about! :laugh:

Ive been mixing tomatoe juice with the mutts grub and watering it during the summer given a chance it would grow but the minute next doors out the pigeons are getting it . one header ed a tennis ball yesterday

malt----got a brother n sister here mate they have to cover the whole fecking garden at full speed fine when there going in the same direction -- odd time they hit each other head on my other bitch just sits looking at them almost shaking her head ...i`ve got the lurcher here at the minute she wont even come out when the terriers are out ....

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 1