Kennel Dogs

I don't agree with the 'harder' bit. . . . but 'hardier' quite possibly.

It's got to be tough going from a really warm house out into the freeing winter nights. . . . luckily i'm a cheap b*****d and don't heat my house!

I have noticed theough, that dogs that have been kenneled for some of their lives and in the house for other parts, have, when growing in their winter coat, generally grown a thicker and better coat.

:hmm:do you not get a bit cold yourself with no heating on /cold house?

He just cuddles into his hair/beard! :laugh:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Mostly' bollocks I think.   Although a dog kenneled out in colder weather will have a better tolerance to the cold, and and probably a slightly thicker jacket. Although it shouldnt make that much d

a nother pointles thread

Lol......dae you????

My experiance is my dogs kept in the house but i walk him in all weather without a coat and he is perfectly fine other than if hes stood still for long periods like if my parents fetch him to watch me play rugby. He shivers a little then. In my opinion he is comfortably outside even in the minuses. Whereas i know a dog of similar build and coat and he is walked in a coat all the time and the first time i saw it without his coat he was a shivering wreck. I think aslong as your dogs get exercise in the cold they will be perfectly fine keeping them outside will only make a slight differance but nothing to brag about.

• Like 1

:laugh::laugh: got to love this site ffs it dont matter in or out the dog will run the same shiver the same eat the same shit the same had them in and out and they all run the same if it suits you to keep them in side or out it dont matter to the dog its a running dog bred to work :thumbs:

The only thing indoors would soften is there jacket central heating plays hell with them and they seem to cast there hair all the time . but out doors they have there own space out the road

:laugh::laugh: got to love this site ffs it dont matter in or out the dog will run the same shiver the same eat the same shit the same had them in and out and they all run the same if it suits you to keep them in side or out it dont matter to the dog its a running dog bred to work :thumbs:

A-f***ing-men to that... :thumbs:

• Like 1

The only thing indoors would soften is there jacket central heating plays hell with them and they seem to cast there hair all the time . but out doors they have there own space out the road

Glad i'm not the only one that's noticed that :thumbs:

I don't think it makes a lot of difference work wise but in my experience dogs kept in the house generally live considerably longer than dogs kept all year round in unheated kennels. I suppose this doesn't mater if you only want the dogs for there working years .Mine are always kept in the house.

I dont give a fcuk if the best place for a dog is in the fookin ferret hutch.

If i wanted them to be outside they would. Bit of company in the house and they keep my feet warm.

Something rewarding about seeing a dog sprawled out under the radiator after a days ferreting or a nights lamping when its snowing outside :yes:

• Like 1

My two bigger dogs have a bit of both, as easy to put em in the kennel as it is to shut em in the side entrance.

Does this mean they're in between good and shit ? Or soft and hard ? Or is it all bollocks and bullshit ?

Edited by j1985

Personally I believe the harder a dogs life is the hardier the dogs mentality will be................... I don't believe it will make them try any harder or work any better but I do believe in general it makes for a hardier dog. Just a general observation, quite possibly bollocks.

• Like 1