Whos Had A Big Influance On Your Life

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Id say the biggest influence over me was probably my old boxing manager......he saw good in me where nobody else did and left a lasting impression on me in my understanding of competetive spirit and d

Well apart from obviously my Mum and Dad who i think brought me up really well then the next biggest figure in my life would be my Grandad on my Mums side. He's the one that got me interested in the

My dirty old uncle.he was a rubbish ventriloquist.he used to stickis fingers up my arse and ask me to say nothing.

Posted Images

Id say the biggest influence over me was probably my old boxing manager......he saw good in me where nobody else did and left a lasting impression on me in my understanding of competetive spirit and dedication.

A slightly less influential but equally important person was a Welsh prison officer i met in Wandsworth nick......he was a man of great strength and stature who made me believe in myself....he put faith and trust in me and i couldnt let him down at one of those junctions in life we all have where you could go one way or the other.........i havent seen him for a long time but i,ll always be grateful.

The last person is the brother of a good friend of mine..........he is downs syndrome but i never leave his company without feeling lifted and influenced by him in one way or another he is a beautiful young man who i just cant say no to :D .....he always wants to arm wrestle me for money and i just havent got the heart to beat him.....i say to him " you beat me last time ".......he says " no ive never PLAYED you before " :laugh: ...............I still wonder if he,s more clever than i give him credit for !!

Nice thread this......some nice stories :thumbs:

a neighbours son is downs syndrome -- he aways cheers me up if i`m out on my drive he comes for a chat --- summot wrong with your kettle kid :D when i got a bigger van i had to take my gate post out he said no good without a gate --- you cant keep the burglers out -- i`ve always got time for him ...

• Like 1

all the twats that i met in my life, have made me trust no cu*t, and only believe in my self, and go with your gut feelings :yes::yes:

so true .........i got over 1000 friends on facebook but i know the minority of true friends .........there like rocking horse shite........lol

• Like 1

My grandad with a load of us piled all over him! :laugh:attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice friendly looking ol boy.....thats a cracking picture....aint it always the way that someone has to stick their finger across the lens !!
Cheers Gnash! :good: He was friendly to everybody he met, when he passed away there was probably two hundred people or more in and around the chapel at the funeral. He was known all around the county from a lifetime working on the refineries and other industrial sites and from connection with the local rugby club. When we was kids, he used to take us all to mini rugby and pick other lads up on the way. God knows how many of us used to pile into the little Metro he used to drive about the place, far too many! :laugh: I remember we were at one game watching the seniors at the local ground and some bloke who was the son of one of his mates was in the line out. He walked up the touch line, behind the linesman, shouted his name and lobbed a sweet at him just as the hooker was about to chuck the ball in! :laugh: Apparently when this bloke was a kid he used to pester my grandad non stop for sweets every Saturday at the match! I can still remember seeing both sets of forwards and all the fans laughing like f**k as they were trying to get set up again! :laugh:

Id say the biggest influence over me was probably my old boxing manager......he saw good in me where nobody else did and left a lasting impression on me in my understanding of competetive spirit and dedication.

A slightly less influential but equally important person was a Welsh prison officer i met in Wandsworth nick......he was a man of great strength and stature who made me believe in myself....he put faith and trust in me and i couldnt let him down at one of those junctions in life we all have where you could go one way or the other.........i havent seen him for a long time but i,ll always be grateful.

The last person is the brother of a good friend of mine..........he is downs syndrome but i never leave his company without feeling lifted and influenced by him in one way or another he is a beautiful young man who i just cant say no to :D .....he always wants to arm wrestle me for money and i just havent got the heart to beat him.....i say to him " you beat me last time ".......he says " no ive never PLAYED you before " :laugh: ...............I still wonder if he,s more clever than i give him credit for !!

Nice thread this......some nice stories :thumbs:

a neighbours son is downs syndrome -- he aways cheers me up if i`m out on my drive he comes for a chat --- summot wrong with your kettle kid :D when i got a bigger van i had to take my gate post out he said no good without a gate --- you cant keep the burglers out -- i`ve always got time for him ...

My sister in laws brother, Lee, is autistic, quite severe, he's the same age as me and similar to what you lads are saying we've got a real close bond... He'll talk to me for ages about football ( that's his love) and he has a real knowledge of the game, rembering results, players etc.. My brother and sister look after him a lot and will take on as main carers in the future.

When his brother got married a few years back we all went to Magaluf for a week end stag do, my brothers father in law and Lee came along with 15 or so lads, Lee was treated like any other of us by everyone he had a few beers messed in the pool with us all and loved his weekend, we sat and watched football in a Sunderland bar and had a great laugh with the owner, Lee knew more about the players than he did lol..

• Like 1

all the twats that i met in my life, have made me trust no cu*t, and only believe in my self, and go with your gut feelings :yes::yes:

so true .........i got over 1000 friends on facebook but i know the minority of true friends .........there like rocking horse shite........lol

what it does in life it leaves ever lasting things in your mind,and shapes you as person. That you see people for what they really are. you might meet 3-4 proper good friends in your life if your lucky,and at 60 years of age its not lot of people is it .??

• Like 2

Nice friendly looking ol boy.....thats a cracking picture....aint it always the way that someone has to stick their finger across the lens !!
Cheers Gnash! :good: He was friendly to everybody he met, when he passed away there was probably two hundred people or more in and around the chapel at the funeral. He was known all around the county from a lifetime working on the refineries and other industrial sites and from connection with the local rugby club. When we was kids, he used to take us all to mini rugby and pick other lads up on the way. God knows how many of us used to pile into the little Metro he used to drive about the place, far too many! :laugh: I remember we were at one game watching the seniors at the local ground and some bloke who was the son of one of his mates was in the line out. He walked up the touch line, behind the linesman, shouted his name and lobbed a sweet at him just as the hooker was about to chuck the ball in! :laugh: Apparently when this bloke was a kid he used to pester my grandad non stop for sweets every Saturday at the match! I can still remember seeing both sets of forwards and all the fans laughing like f**k as they were trying to get set up again! :laugh:

:laugh: .....What a charmer...................just had a bit more about them folk of that generation. ;)

• Like 2

Lol he sounds a proper character Malt, I love those old boys who have got that mischief about them... Too many young lads these days don't spend the time to listen to the older generations.. I used to love hearing the stories my great auntie used to tell about the war days and also my father in law, you need to give yourself a good few hours once he starts but he can tell a good story...

• Like 3

:laugh: .....What a charmer...................just had a bit more about them folk of that generation. ;)

Exactly...

what it does in life it leaves ever lasting things in your mind,and shapes you as person. That you see people for what they really are. you might meet 3-4 proper good friends in your life if your lucky,and at 60 years of age its not lot of people is it .??

:yes: i 'know' plenty of people, but good friends? Maybe 5 at best.

• Like 1

My sister in laws brother, Lee, is autistic, quite severe, he's the same age as me and similar to what you lads are saying we've got a real close bond... He'll talk to me for ages about football ( that's his love) and he has a real knowledge of the game, rembering results, players etc.. My brother and sister look after him a lot and will take on as main carers in the future.

When his brother got married a few years back we all went to Magaluf for a week end stag do, my brothers father in law and Lee came along with 15 or so lads, Lee was treated like any other of us by everyone he had a few beers messed in the pool with us all and loved his weekend, we sat and watched football in a Sunderland bar and had a great laugh with the owner, Lee knew more about the players than he did lol..

Over the years ive often tried to understand the whole downs syndrome thing.............i dont......and im not sure i want to simply because i really enjoy the relationship i have with this lad he just has an energy and honesty about him that i find infectious............every now and then he comes to the footie with us he loves it.......i try to steer clear of confrontation with folk at footie wherever possible.............but the amount of times i have to give other fans a " dont say a word " kind of look .......is something thats still a real shame in society...............you feel so protective of him yet he couldnt give a monkeys :D

• Like 3

Exactly...

when i ran kids football teams it was more often than not that grandads used to bring them to training and matchs --- one lads grandad used to come on at half time for my team talk to make sure the lads where listening -- :hmm: and then chip in with some advice :D

• Like 2