Puppy Hunters.......

Its not the issue of people showing next seasons stock , its the fact that a genuine question was asked about a lot of the pups from last year thats not crabbing or slagging . Most dog lads have dogs for life and some seem to change them with each season what is the reason ?Think some listen to the hype .then they get them on a good un and they get pulled all over fen.time to try again.and on it goes.

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is mate. Folk treat dogs on here like mobile phones, got to get the latest model. It's pretty sad, it takes years to create a proper hunting team, its not something you can buy.

I quite agree with you Wilf, when you say: I think there is a big difference between someone who keeps buying and selling dogs and someone who is genuinely trying to improve their stock or get to a pl

All you read on here is pups for next season, pups this pups that. Do these pups ever grow into dogs? What happened to last seasons pups, did they make the grade? Is every saluki owner putting his fai

Posted Images

no idea cos i dont know anyone who does that youd need to ask the people who do. ive same dogs for life unless they dont make the grade or get seriously injured. but this site hasnt half become a bitch fest since the season ended every topic is slating someone or moaning about something the show off your pups ones are about the only ones that dont go sour (so far!) get out fishing or walking something that will use up your time better than worrying what other people have in their kennels :thumbs:

ive same dogs for life unless they dont make the grade.

At last.Someone who can tell me when a dog makes the grade. :D

I think most get a pup in as an excuse to hunt all summer. :D

I've got a 9 year old dog I've had since she was 7 weeks, a 3yr old I've had since she was 8 weeks and a year old I also had at 8 weeks. There won't be another dog here until the 2 younger ones are old enough to breed a pup out of, of course depending on either being worthy of breeding off. :thumbs:

some people are more dedicated than others,.
  • Like 1

A lot, not all, but a lot of travellers see a dog as a tool and a commodity. Some thing to use, trade, swap or sell.

They do not seem to be as sentimental as many of us non travellers about dogs. different culture and upbringing i suppose.

This seems to have carried over to many saluki type and bull cross owners.

Not my way, but then, I'm a senti"mental" fool.

• Like 2

I have been round salukis all my life and dont consider myself setimental in any way but it is our custom and tradition they stay with us for life. Unless in exceptional circumstances we gift one out but that is very rare.

lots of times ,,,its when next litter comes along and they want one ,,feck the ones in kennel

loads of times i wanted a pup out of litters,,,but i have to say no,,,i have my dogs and move on

i think some plls just like pups,,,as ive said before a puppy fettish they need to go and see a doctor about lol

at end of the day,,,2day in the past and the future,,there will always be pups/ adult dogs passed about,,,do i think its right ??? all i know i dont like dogs when pups i perfer when there adults less stress lol,,,i dont have the fettish i dont need to see a doctor lol

• Like 1

The 2 "youngsters" are 3, rising 4 now, and improving each season ( IMHO ! ) They are not world beaters, and I doubt many people would give them kennel room, but they please me, and that is all I ask from them. The 3 oldies are all in double figures now, and have earned a space on the sofa until the end. 5 is my limit, so until there is space, no more puppies.

( ETA, I hope everything is ok Baw :yes: )

Edited by LaraCroft
  • Like 1

My pup is 14mths, didnt have much to shout about this season as he only caught about a dozen or so rabbits over a few trips out with the ferrets and hasnt even seen a hare yet, we will carry on mooching about the countryside during the sumner, not actively seeking game but if something edible sticks its head up its fair game.. I know his siblings are showing great potential but im in no hurry for him to do the same, hes still got more growing to do and the game will still be there in september

post-53144-0-55208200-1365256639.jpeg

My pup is 14mths, didnt have much to shout about this season as he only caught about a dozen or so rabbits over a few trips out with the ferrets and hasnt even seen a hare yet, we will carry on mooching about the countryside during the sumner, not actively seeking game but if something edible sticks its head up its fair game.. I know his siblings are showing great potential but im in no hurry for him to do the same, hes still got more growing to do and the game will still be there in september

Is that you in your avatar? :)

:laugh:

• Like 1

All you read on here is pups for next season, pups this pups that. Do these pups ever grow into dogs? What happened to last seasons pups, did they make the grade? Is every saluki owner putting his faith in a pup cos you all have one. I think you all believe the hype and don't rate the dogs you've got. You all want a quick fix. Get a pup from a well known line and your a proper dogman. No, your a mug :yes: so all you guys with pups for next season, what happened to the last pup, is it the f*****g parent :laugh:

There's lots of reasons lads seem to get through dogs, they may know what they want but it may take years to find it, it may not perform to a standard they are happy with, they may just plain not get on with it and dislike it.......all genuine valid reasons for getting rid and getting something else IMHO

Sometimes it make take a few before you realise what it is you do want, who knows.

I won't keep anything if I'm not 100% happy with it and like, I don't apologise for that......nothing worse than having to go out to the kennels to something you don't like everyday, it gets you down.

Their are certainly people who buy and sell dogs but that's a different story and obviously someone must be buying them.

It's like fishing, some will sit by the rods all day waiting for something to happen and others will be up and down working at it to make something happen........no different in my opinion and both just as valid

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

All you read on here is pups for next season, pups this pups that. Do these pups ever grow into dogs? What happened to last seasons pups, did they make the grade? Is every saluki owner putting his faith in a pup cos you all have one. I think you all believe the hype and don't rate the dogs you've got. You all want a quick fix. Get a pup from a well known line and your a proper dogman. No, your a mug :yes: so all you guys with pups for next season, what happened to the last pup, is it the f*****g parent :laugh:

:laugh: Most will say it never made the grade.I would love to know what the grade is.And when a dog fails it. :D

What worries me is where do all these dogs go that didn't make the grade, I know some will pts but I bet far more get sold on.

Some of the lurcher owners I've met are like a kid with a box full of toys,never happy with what they've got and when the next one comes along the novelty soon wears off regardless of the dogs ability,never mind the dogs not making the grade,take a look at the lazy arse temporary owners

:laugh:

:) Sounds like your bringing on your pup nice and steady, good luck with him. :thumbs: