The Saluki X ... Ffs

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i always thought these were 1 of the best looking x of lurcher so ive always wanted 1 just based of its looks alone . as not alot of hares here to be honest i live in somerset not the fens .  

If its got tits, wheels or feathered ears its usually f**k all but trouble. ......

You just got to get on their wave length...once you're there they can do everything any other lurcher can......probably alot more besides.....   I expect mine to do the basics, be stock broken, list

The current youngster I have here has saluki and collie in the mix and can sway from one mindset to another .... It took us a few weeks to understand each other and a lot of softly softly persuasion .....

Now we know what makes each other tick we have formed a very good bond and we are forming a decent little working team ... The dog loves to please me and I enjoy being out with the bitch .....

She still has her moments when I am trying to work down my man shed and she decides my tools look better on the floor than on the work bench :laugh: .................

Sounds like yoir having problems mate I myself own afew and was brought up round saluki xs I'm a saluki lad through and through :) my current dogs are loverly dogs and are well behaved , loyal dogs they have their moments but that's how it is :) you have to know how they tick to understand how to train them they require a different aproach with kid gloves , patients and time is needed and lots of time bonding I've always been facinated by them , just the way they look and how they move in pursuit of game ,and the history behind the saluki ,always said I want to own and hunt using saluki type dogs and i am , there not everyones cup of tea and not everyone can handle them and most are cast aside too early :yes: ill never be without a saluki x by my side hopefully :thumbs:

Sounds like yoir having problems mate I myself own afew and was brought up round saluki xs I'm a saluki lad through and through :) my current dogs are loverly dogs and are well behaved , loyal dogs they have their moments but that's how it is :) you have to know how they tick to understand how to train them they require a different aproach with kid gloves , patients and time is needed and lots of time bonding I've always been facinated by them , just the way they look and how they move in pursuit of game ,and the history behind the saluki ,always said I want to own and hunt using saluki type dogs and i am , there not everyones cup of tea and not everyone can handle them and most are cast aside too early :yes: ill never be without a saluki x by my side hopefully :thumbs:

A proper dog man, which reflect in your posts :victory: good lad

:thumbs: thanks mate :)

Atb J

:hmm:Facts are,...all things being equal,..if you can school a jukel,...then, you can school a jukel,..end of story... :yes:

Well said chalky :yes: all this you need to be special to own a saluki cross is just another example of the saluki owners trait of thinking they are superior to the rest of us. Every dogs different. If your a shit trainer, you'll waste any dog no matter the breeding.

• Like 2

I've kept lurchers for a good few decades now :-( and now have my 1st two heavily saturated Saluki x's ..nearly 6 months old and to be honest upto press I've not had a bother with them,100% house trained,jump grand for their age,been in and amongst livestock from the day I collected them,never batted an eyelid at them,recall is A1 every time,carry back to hand ...holy shit both will even sit on command and give you a paw lol and that's the truth...I dont want my dogs trained to gundog standard,I just want them to eat,sleep,kill and do as their told in the main...these Saluki x's seem no different to any other types I've had if I'm honest....maybe I've just fell lucky,time will tell I guess? I just think there's so many men with dogs out there and not enough dogmen...there's a world of difference between the two IMO....Atb Andy

• Like 5

You just got to get on their wave length...once you're there they can do everything any other lurcher can......probably alot more besides.....

I expect mine to do the basics, be stock broken, listen to me, retrieve land or water fur or feather, run the beam, jump on command, be 100% around stock as well as more besides.

Don't buy an adult and expect to make it into a silk purse, 'cos someone's generally ruined it and you may struggle to get a bond. Saluki hybrids do not like being passed from one person to the next, they like to know where their home is, who their master is and they are just about as loyal as any other dog......

Sure, not all of them make the grade, but those that do are fairly good at filling a freezer or three..... :victory: JD

p.s, I've never had a problem with recall, ever.

I did, I had to resort to an electric collar.

You just got to get on their wave length...once you're there they can do everything any other lurcher can......probably alot more besides.....

I expect mine to do the basics, be stock broken, listen to me, retrieve land or water fur or feather, run the beam, jump on command, be 100% around stock as well as more besides.

Don't buy an adult and expect to make it into a silk purse, 'cos someone's generally ruined it and you may struggle to get a bond. Saluki hybrids do not like being passed from one person to the next, they like to know where their home is, who their master is and they are just about as loyal as any other dog......

Sure, not all of them make the grade, but those that do are fairly good at filling a freezer or three..... :victory: JD

p.s, I've never had a problem with recall, ever.

I did, I had to resort to an electric collar.

or a tracking collar :whistling:

all this you need to be special to own a saluki cross is just another example of the saluki owners trait of thinking they are superior to the rest of us.

the amount of rubbish you spout on here about coursing, saluki crosses and their owners id say its you who has the inferiority complex towards them not them having a superiority complex towards you :laugh:

I've kept lurchers for a good few decades now :-( and now have my 1st two heavily saturated Saluki x's ..nearly 6 months old and to be honest upto press I've not had a bother with them,100% house trained,jump grand for their age,been in and amongst livestock from the day I collected them,never batted an eyelid at them,recall is A1 every time,carry back to hand ...holy shit both will even sit on command and give you a paw lol and that's the truth...I dont want my dogs trained to gundog standard,I just want them to eat,sleep,kill and do as their told in the main...these Saluki x's seem no different to any other types I've had if I'm honest....maybe I've just fell lucky,time will tell I guess? I just think there's so many men with dogs out there and not enough dogmen...there's a world of difference between the two IMO....Atb Andy

id say your out with your pups more than anyone is on here pal. practise makes perfect. :thumbs: