• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

n

but your going on about a dog that you dont no and you wernt there when this happened your to quick to judge mate and you seem to be one of these boys that go on like i have stanards if he dont go fir

No wonder people don't post about their days out, the lads put up an honest report of a dig and he's got clowns giving him the third degree!!!

Posted Images

Was called out today by my brother who said he was pretty sure he saw a fox slink to ground whilst he was catching hens up.

Luckily i had the day off work so i headed straight over. We checked a few spots on the way with no joy and got to where he recons it was. Dropped my bitch, Bear, in and she was on straight away with a mark of 0.5 under an elder! Gave her some time as she wasnt right up to it by the sounds of things. Started digging and my brother saw her on top sniffing around the other holes. I swore a little thinking either she was arsing about of it had bolted. We collared up my brothers young unentered russell dog and after a bit of encouraging of he went for the first time....and started baying! Got a mark of 0.8, gave him some time and started digging. As we got nearer to him he started showing, looking at us and going straight back to the mark. After a while this got annoying so we picked him up, saw he had been getting personal with someone and dropped mine back in. I twas all quite until i noticed the reading on the box was constant an got a mark well away from where we were sat at 1.4. Again, plenty of time given bu this time i could hear she was up to it. This ground is awful to dig and its a case of chip it away with the cut down fork or bar and shovel it out. After abut 25mins we were through and let the youngster have a look behind the fork and he acted very well! Not much of a bay...more a scream. When he started chewing at the fork we tied him up and ended matters.

We have had a shockingly bad season this year. Even in the snow, we found places you would bet your wages on holding but nothing. It all seems ok though after a nice do like today.

Nice one :thumbs:

How did you figure that out Einstien? :duh::duh:

Black bitch lost it under the roots but at the time thought it may have bolted....then when tried again we got a good dig?

Other terrier is an unentered pup?

Edited by OldNog
  • Like 4