Scotland..camper Van..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right am sticking up for fife now... Lol Lots of lovely places to visit, great stretches of beach along the coast at St Andrews as well as extensive forestry walks. Not so much hill but if you've don

dont go near labs place he'll have you in his polish work party

It`s Scotland mate.. It`s all stunning   Just drive aboot and enjoy. If the vans in good shape try Apllecross, just don`t try it in a clapped oot van ! lol   If you go anywhere near Selkirk in the

crinan ferry nice spot just down from oban taking dogs with you ?

I was just over on Isle of Seil Today, its a bonus being able to drive across the atlantic instead of ferry crossings!!

mind when your up castle sween way this year give us a shout get you out fishing :thumbs:

Im there till late April, then away to Canada...

Lot of good coast in fife. They even have places called islands when they ain't :laugh:

Hows there no like? Look just because your up north noo dont be making out like yer some f***ing highlander. Yer a toonie fae weegie land......and dont forget it... :laugh:

:laugh: nae bother pal ;) is Burntisland an Island?

I like Kintyre, down to Campbell town. Get a ferry over to Arran, visit Brodik castle, well worth a look. Arrans like miniature Scotland. Red deer come right down to you at lochranza. The whole route from Glasgow is a joy. Past Loch Lomond, loch Long, Loch Fyne, through inverary, loch Gilphead, Tarbet. Lots of tarbets in Scotland. It's where a peninsula meets the main land at the shortest point and they used to carry the boats over it there to save sailing the long way round. Head up to Mallaig, nice beaches there, over to Skye, loads of sea Otters. Down to Fort William, road to Inverness is good. Can head up to Ullapool or across to Elgin to the golden sands at Lossiemouth etc. back down A9, avoiding running the dogs lol, cut across to crieff, you'll be fine running there :D then do the Trossachs, upto Oban if you fancy. Loads of places.

Done that drive last week, Glasgow to Tarbert, always enjoy it, ferry from Kennacraig to Isle of Islay to work, very nice place some nice wee distilerys to visit ect, done some work in a wee mash house. locals are weird as fuk though!

Unless you live in Glasgow, the locals are weird everywhere lol. You should have seen how excited they were in Inverness cos of a new asda lol. Where you got the ferry to Islay, nice wee pub just before it, does a good meal. Can mind donkeys ago, fishing across from it, tide out, water was just upto knee high, teeming with Salmon. There was more eyes watching me than the X factor gets :D

Lot of good coast in fife. They even have places called islands when they ain't :laugh:

Hows there no like? Look just because your up north noo dont be making out like yer some f***ing highlander. Yer a toonie fae weegie land......and dont forget it... :laugh:

It takes me forever to suss out what you're saying in a post, god knows how I'd get on chatting to you in person lol.

I understand my birds dad for the most part but he's from Edinburgh who are easier to understand than most other Scotsmen from other areas from what I've heard.

My uncles rough Missus from Glasgow may as well be talking Swahili after she's had a few drinks lol.

crinan ferry nice spot just down from oban taking dogs with you ?

I was just over on Isle of Seil Today, its a bonus being able to drive across the atlantic instead of ferry crossings!!

mind when your up castle sween way this year give us a shout get you out fishing :thumbs:

Im there till late April, then away to Canada...

lucky you fishing doesnrt really start june onwards if your back before sept the offer still stands :thumbs:

I dont think I'll be back until mid September... but Im really grateful for the offer anyway! I'm going to miss the fishing through the summer, last year the mackerel came in mid/late April into the Clyde, fingers crossed i'll hook a few before I go. Been getting the odd pollock off the rocks recently. But Ive not done much from a boat, that opens up a whole world of opportunities! Have a good summer mate, hope your fishing goes well!

DnN

• Like 1

I dont think I'll be back until mid September... but Im really grateful for the offer anyway! I'm going to miss the fishing through the summer, last year the mackerel came in mid/late April into the Clyde, fingers crossed i'll hook a few before I go. Been getting the odd pollock off the rocks recently. But Ive not done much from a boat, that opens up a whole world of opportunities! Have a good summer mate, hope your fishing goes well!

DnN

thats real early for the mackeral, we don,t see any until June/ July, I,m East coast though :thumbs: