Ive eaten in plenty of these Michelen star gaffs.............ive had peas on the floor,elbows in the soup,sauce down my shirt...............at the end of the day your paying to eat food.........if you dont like it you dont go back,if you do like it you do go back...........its simple mathematics like anything else......people who scrutinise every last penny on a bill do my f****n swede in !!.........Be polite,pay your bill then talk about it afterwards.

Aye but when you've got more money than a "coo can shite" you tend not to worry about it,,,,,,, ;)

Nothing to do with money its about manners................if you have to scrutinise a bill you should of gone to Mcdonalds where the prices are on the wall !....If you dont like it dont go back............

Going to a brass is a service but you still have to pay the agreed price even if its shit..........you just dont go back....apparently :D

Whats it got to do with manners? You go for a meal, you check the bill, if your happy you pay it....if its wrong you ask about it. If i went to Currys and bought a TV id be a bit pissed off if they charged me for a DVD players as well.

I'm never rude......would never be in a place where someone is preparing my food. But i expect to get what i pay for..........to ask for a tip is shocking if you ask me...... :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i believe in tipping if i;m looked after the wife and my self were going out with her brother his misses and her sister and her fella and another couple so were first in and i said i'll get the bill

I tell you lab old gnash will take one butchers hook at that mountain and will be on the dog and bone to his china plate to help him train on his apple and pairs and if there is bangers and mash invol

Restaurants.......you posh feckers, I once had a breakfast in a cafe once and had to pay extra for fried bread when toast was free, never been back.

Ive eaten in plenty of these Michelen star gaffs.............ive had peas on the floor,elbows in the soup,sauce down my shirt...............at the end of the day your paying to eat food.........if you dont like it you dont go back,if you do like it you do go back...........its simple mathematics like anything else......people who scrutinise every last penny on a bill do my f****n swede in !!.........Be polite,pay your bill then talk about it afterwards.

Aye but when you've got more money than a "coo can shite" you tend not to worry about it,,,,,,, ;)

Nothing to do with money its about manners................if you have to scrutinise a bill you should of gone to Mcdonalds where the prices are on the wall !....If you dont like it dont go back............

Going to a brass is a service but you still have to pay the agreed price even if its shit..........you just dont go back....apparently :D

not so gnash one of the young lads that worked for us complained

and got a free go........i kid you not

well ffs if you dontlike tipping,dont go to the states lol

ive been to classy resturants.hawes inn.champinies and a few others,always give them a tip normally a fiver.i dont go in for all that percentage shite. ive even tipped when i thought it was rubbish lol but id have a big mac over any of your posh resturants

Gnash your so typically British fella.. I'm with lab, if you paid to get your house built would you not do a snagging list or would you just pay for the job no matter how poor the quality was?? Too many company's take the piss because of the way a lot of Brits are to polite to say "no sorry that's shite I'm not having it"

Just so I'm understanding this correctly, please humour me here for a moment. Going by your logic, and it sounds like you eat out a lot, you never ever look at the prices set against the plates, you never complain when the food isn't cooked to your liking and you still pay the full price for the meal plus a tip regardless of the whole experience. You're a restauranteurs dream customer surely.

Unfortunately I take the approach that if something isn't to my liking (and I'm a pretty tolerant king of guy) then I'll speak to the waiter about it, and if he doesn't or isn't able to resolve it to my complete satisfaction then I'll speak to the manager about it. I've only ever done the latter once andthat's the other story I spoke about.

Who's scrutinising the bill? Do you never check to make sure that you are paying for what you've ordered and eaten/drank? There's been many a time when I've found soething on the bill that shouldn't be on there. I am polite and I know how to behave in a classy restaurant but this wasn't a classy restaurant. It's a pub that's climbed up its own backside and pretending to be something it's not. You're not only paying for the food, you do also pay for the service. The tip is meant to make up their wages but if I'm eating in a joint that says 'We are shit hot come and eat here!' then I would expect the waiter to know how to conduct himself around my table.

And what is " service "......pulling your chair out for you ?......Keeping a constant vigil on your glass and topping it up once below a certain level ? Putting your napkin in your lap for you ?.......

If i go to a restaurant i want nice food i dont want my arse licked !!..............Good food in good company is enough.....whether the poor waiter/waitress puts his arm across me or drops the cutlery i really couldnt give a shit...............in my experience the people who try to pretend to be classy are usually the ones who dont have any..................ive saved many a young lad or lass from a bollocking covering up their mistakes......if the foods good the rest is just details.

• Like 3

Restaurants.......you posh feckers, I once had a breakfast in a cafe once and had to pay extra for fried bread when toast was free, never been back. :D

ONLE COS IT WASNT LAVA BREAD.... :D

Gnash your so typically British fella.. I'm with lab, if you paid to get your house built would you not do a snagging list or would you just pay for the job no matter how poor the quality was?? Too many company's take the piss because of the way a lot of Brits are to polite to say "no sorry that's shite I'm not having it"

Its nothing to do with being too polite............if you went for a haircut but it wasnt very good would you say " f**k you im not paying " or would you just not go back.........you got what you paid for !

Restaurants.......you posh feckers, I once had a breakfast in a cafe once and had to pay extra for fried bread when toast was free, never been back. :D

Lava bread....lava bread :bad: , f**k that I'm not an animal Tom. :D

laverbread12102012-jpg_155220.jpg

why do people need a tip. there doing a job there paid to do if its not up to standard then complain, if the money there paid is wrong then its up to them to sort it, its bad enough having to pay vat never mind paying for something you should expect as standard. or is it that posh people feel good for giving something to the poor :whistling:

Funnily enough myself and vin were talking about this today I between catching rabbits in a snow flurry at -6 lol .... My missus is very straight when we are at a restaurant and when the waiter asks is everything ok my kids groan and hide their faces lol .... Now if something isn't right my missus will tell them the truth as in ... The meat is cold the potatoes are to hard etc etc etc .... Now I would rather just eat and not go there again but as my dearest says ... If you are spending your hard earned money on something you want it to be right and not substandard ... If I was charging the restaurant for getting rid of mice and I left 10 there should I get paid a full wage ??? Same goes for a restaurant if they don't supply you with the good food you are paying for .....

As for tipping if a waiter or waitress has been polite and attentive then yes I will tip them if they are annoying lazy cant be arsed types then they get nothing .....

The whole point of going out to eat is to experience a nice meal in nice surrounding and to feel in some extent looked after .... If you don't get that then you just as well just stay in and eat in the house ............

• Like 5

Lava bread....lava bread, f**k that I'm not an animal Tom. :D

laverbread12102012-jpg_155220.jpg

I've never had it either mate, meant to be nice with a few cockles and a few rashers of bacon! :D

..and its called Laverbread! :tongue2: