got a patterdale pup just turned 6 month ,, noticed his teeth starting to chatter.. at first i notice it after sometimes playing with bone,toys etc then it carried on...took to vets and they put it down to neres/anxiety..... i recon its his teeth it seems to happen after chewing..... anyone else come across this before ??????????? any feedback would be helpfull

got a patterdale pup just turned 6 month ,, noticed his teeth starting to chatter.. at first i notice it after sometimes playing with bone,toys etc then it carried on...took to vets and they put it down to neres/anxiety..... i recon its his teeth it seems to happen after chewing..... anyone else come across this before ??????????? any feedback would be helpfull

my bitch does it when she is excited , i mainly notice it when she sees a cat :laugh:

my bitch does it when she is excited , i mainly notice it when she sees a cat :laugh:

must be a women thing then lol....didnt know they chattered thier teeth when excited thou ?

My dog does it when he's been licking bitch pee :bad::laugh:

Ah that is a similar but different thing, when a dog, usually a male, tastes/smells the urine it exhibits the Flehmen response, as they transfere the chemicals in the urine to the taste centers on the roof of the mouth. This is different from the grooming tooth chatter which happens when excited/happy. If you have a dog that exhibits the grooming chatter you will see the difference.

Google greyhound tooth chatter and then Flehmen response if unsure.

Edited by sandymere