Too Many Deer?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

in bedfordshire in the seventies you would encounter the odd cwd .but now they are everywhere not just woburn park .because no one is dogging them they have become very common .in the seventies eighti

Gaz you may think that now. But picture this scenario, walking along with your wife, just a casual stroll alongside your local power station, your 'well trained' lurcher puts out 2 roe deer out of a s

On the news today about too many deer. They said that 700,000 would need to be culled just to keep the numbers static. At last some news that doesn't involve hugging bunnies.

Can people please NOT kill these deer...!!!

Just shu 'em up to Merseyside where a sighting is a annual event..!!! :D

(You jammy feckers!!)

20 mins down the east lancs mate falling over the roe see them every day when mooching :yes::thumbs:

(You jammy feckers!!)

20 mins down the east lancs mate falling over the roe see them every day when mooching :yes::thumbs:

i will have a look tomoz wi mi whippet

• Like 1

(You jammy feckers!!)

That much I do know mate... :thumbs:

Shu 'em down the East Lanc's when yer out please, we could do with a few more... :yes:

Far too many roe round this way walking dogs can turn into a pain in the ass I have counted of at least 15 in a 2 mile area of me do make very good freezer fillers though def when BBQ season is just round the corner

Loads of Roe near me, have seen up to 15 within about 6 small fields, very close to built up area, my old bitch knocked over a couple by accident when mooching about, (genuine accidents), I have even startled them on peoples front lawns whilst walking the dogs on the bike early mornings

Wish I could stumble across them by accident around here :laugh:

Gaz you may think that now.

But picture this scenario, walking along with your wife, just a casual stroll alongside your local power station, your 'well trained' lurcher puts out 2 roe deer out of a small patch of rough ground and proceeds to course one of them straight through a carpark (plenty of workers going about their business. It is no fun i can assure you. thankfuly the dog is pish and the deer made good its escape. I have never been so relieved.(the whole area is cctv'd.

I struggle to get somewhere to let the dog off.

Pernod

• Like 3

Would have to agree Pernod.. :yes:

Deer,..of whatever species, can be a fecking nuisance... :censored:

There is a time and a place, for all things,..and it is favourite, to be able to pick that time and not have it thrust upon ya :thumbs:

Mind you mate its not all negative, discovery of these pockets of deer during 'casual' strolls, does allow for more controlled channelling and driving of these nuisance deer into areas where they can be discretely harvested.(if it were legal)

yours in sport Pernod

bloody deer do my head in getting to the stage you carnt get a good walk for them popping out all over .

with the misinformed public against any man with a running dog and deer in the vicinity while your out for a walk it comes ontop and try telling old bill you aint hunting them they dont bloody listen your up on a charge for nothing. a major cull is needed to get the numbers in check .

in bedfordshire in the seventies you would encounter the odd cwd .but now they are everywhere not just woburn park .because no one is dogging them they have become very common .in the seventies eighties a few lads were hunting them with dogs but most of them are now to old lost intrest or dont fancy prison.they can have up to 7 young at a time and can breed at 8 months of age .it is getting to the stage where you dare not let a dog off the lead for a run as there is a good chance a chink will get up .try exsplaining that to a ignorant magistrate.this i whaht happens when missinformed idiots voted to ban hunting deer with dogs.

Most of this is just plain bollocks the increase in deer numbers is since folks found they could take people out stalking and charge them daft money or lease out land to cull what where once vermin aint nothing to do with lads and dogs but its all about the dollar