Kennel Blindness, Denial An Bullshit?

bunnys are you old? i am in no way trying to bring you down,its just me a very good mucker was having a chat at 4 this morn, an it was about older dogmen, he is under the impression that most elder guys dont know there arse from there elbow, an most are stuck in the past, an more an more of the younger generations are leavin them behind. i do agree in some respects, age aint a guarentee for wisdom, an some older folks can do same thing for40 years plus an never get any better, then there are guys who learn something everytime they are out. you come across as an older guy that knows dogs an stock in general... but are you a dying type of man? will we be left with guys that THINK they know best an refuse to listen to and learn from the younger more natural dogmen, i know of a guy who has a lad at 7 years of age i think he is, an this lad knows more of the lurcher basics than most adults if taking all edible gameand all quarry for the last 40 plus yrs puts me in that bracket thats fine and also to have the same buzz when i am starting another sapling when the previous decade theyall stock as amounted to nought , BUT still have the keeness i had as seeing my first at twelve take along ear , thats fine ,i believe you are could be right i am a dying breed type of person , but there will be othes alike in each town county keepers of stock for performance of one form or another , atb bunnys.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tell you what i find more strange on this site,is the amount of people who care what others do with thier dogs.serious question here,why would you even spend one minute of your time,caring what others

42 years ago i was young 16 .i had my first dog over the years many dogs have passed thru my hands.deerhounds x greyhounds some are so weak and skinny with little intrest in hunting some were heavy g

Try and not worry to much Jimbob what others have and do fella,it will get to the point where you won't be able to sleep at night lol..just enjoy working your own mutts and leave others to do what the

so that a few folks with coursing dogs in there profle pic that seems to think im an arsehole or an anti, i was actually waitin for the anti tag to come out to play, iv lost count the amount of times iv seen it said on here in y short time here. for the record, im not an anti or a youngster that knows it all, im not even young an ill never know as much as some folks, so what is it that yous hare runners dont like? is it that i said yous always seeem to be sellin sapling untried dogs lol spit it out lads

I think a few of the lads that keep what they describe as " Minshaws" put plenty in front of their dogs so there's no arguing with that IMHO

Seems a few of the lads that have had pups seem happy and some not so happy, no different to any other dog there then.

I have however seen threads giving it large about dogs that have been found......wanting......when exposed to some serious graft

Maybe the dogs were very good as far as the owners normal work went but there's graft and there's graft IMHO

A few are just having a bit of a criac and a wind up which I am sure is all done with a wry smile

Some are undoubtedly out and out buffoons.........

That's how it will be with a site of 30'000 odd folk.....same as you overhear complete mince at any given game fair

Don't effect you and don't effect me.......those who know, will know utter shite when it's written so let folk criac on

• Like 7

bunnys seems to be 1 that talks sense lara, nowhere have i said all older folk talk shit, they dont, but with age comes no guarentee of wisdom. the old man across road from me is in his 60s been driving a long long time and has had over 20 accidents over the years, even with all his practise, practice only makes perfect to some folks we aint all equally talented a drivin oir dogs, or anythn else, some younger lads just seem to click a some things an i think qanybody who says any diffrent is definatley blinkered to say the least

• Like 4

so that a few folks with coursing dogs in there profle pic that seems to think im an arsehole or an anti, i was actually waitin for the anti tag to come out to play, iv lost count the amount of times iv seen it said on here in y short time here. for the record, im not an anti or a youngster that knows it all, im not even young an ill never know as much as some folks, so what is it that yous hare runners dont like? is it that i said yous always seeem to be sellin sapling untried dogs lol spit it out lads i for one minute diont think ya a anti jim i feel that ya bored and need take a few hrs out with an old dinosaur such as me pm me ill give ya amy post code lamps charged now , the ovaltine can wait i hope ya dont mind but there will be a seven yr old a ten yr lod and a 12 yr old tagging along . ysa see youth is the jewell of life , and they have there own stock. jim i feel you are dissolusioned over something havew ya had a deal with a bad wish. atb bunnys.

• Like 1

Good call Jimbob, I know two lads who are a good 10/15 years younger than me and they talk more sense about dogs as you could wish to hear.

They know what graft is and, although they have different ideas about it and methods, they know what a dog needs to be to be of 'a standard'

They can also appreciate different dogs and different breeding as long as its good at its job or is a decent specimen.

They have stuck plenty of graft in front of their animals over the years, I am lucky to have a circle of people who I can get on the phone to and ask for advice and they will talk sense and tell it as it is......it keeps you honest about what you keep that's for sure

No point in trying to say a dogs something it's not because when you let loose the slip lead the dogs gonna speak for itself louder than you ever will

Sensible, honest people will see if a dogs not right, they will know when it should have killed something, if it was holding back, if its carrying an injury, if its not got the wind or the fitness......all dogs miss, all dogs have bad nights, some are just plain shite.......good lads know the difference

Idiots will slag a dog off or big it up just as the mood takes them because they don't know any better and in many cases they don't want to

• Like 6

Glad I posted then to get such experienced educated feedback from such a top dog man.you reply to the posts that suit your thread.muppet.your repeated pokes at Fuji Tomo et al should have been directed via pm bonny lad, or are you concerned they take you out? You begin a controversial thread then you have an obligation to reply toall posters, not just what suits you.

i think the younger generation needs to play a bigger part in premoting the sport but also the older guys are the ones with many seasons under there belt and are a wealth of knowledge it might not 100% but everyone has there own way of doing things so as long as its all right for them i suppose

I've been in the game over 40 years, still learning :yes:

One thing I do KNOW though in order to know whether a dog is any good or not,

besides having it in decent condition, you've got to put the gear in front of it, whatever the breed. :victory:

Cheers, D.

• Like 4

i think the younger generation needs to play a bigger part in premoting the sport but also the older guys are the ones with many seasons under there belt and are a wealth of knowledge it might not 100% but everyone has there own way of doing things so as long as its all right for them i suppose

a little knowledge is very dangerous in the wrong hands, you are spot on, too many lads been in the game 10 mins an jump from apprentice to master dogman with no time in between

• Like 2

so that a few folks with coursing dogs in there profle pic that seems to think im an arsehole or an anti, i was actually waitin for the anti tag to come out to play, iv lost count the amount of times iv seen it said on here in y short time here. for the record, im not an anti or a youngster that knows it all, im not even young an ill never know as much as some folks, so what is it that yous hare runners dont like? is it that i said yous always seeem to be sellin sapling untried dogs lol spit it out lads i for one minute diont think ya a anti jim i feel that ya bored and need take a few hrs out with an old dinosaur such as me pm me ill give ya amy post code lamps charged now , the ovaltine can wait i hope ya dont mind but there will be a seven yr old a ten yr lod and a 12 yr old tagging along . ysa see youth is the jewell of life , and they have there own stock. jim i feel you are dissolusioned over something havew ya had a deal with a bad wish. atb bunnys.

thanks for the offer bunnys but iv got some plans for tonite, i do enjoy a moonlit walk with my mutts hunting up in the moonlght when the moon is as bright as it is, maybe some other nite, i got a young dog here i think youd appreciate

• Like 1