I will never ever forget you sweetheart...I want to thank him now for openeing my heart and my eyes to the joy of retired Greyhounds.

I have had him 2 years and 4 months and he will have been 6 yr old on 1st aug so tonight hes havin a mini party....

I will never ever forget you...I love you baby.

June07-ohwhataboy.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its true what they say about time being a great healer and over time you will be glad that you have done what you had to do. Let him go quietly & with dignity and remember the good times he's given you.

Meanwhile tonight, enjoy the party!!

I will be thinking of you tomorrow dear,all I can say is it won't be easy,but,you are doing the right thing.I had to let my JRT go just before Xmas,so,just remember all of the good times,and,that he won't be in any more pain..............................................................Martin. :cry:

at least the pain will have gone now you know you did the right thing for the dog and gave him a loving caring home right to the very end hold your head up and rember the good times you have had together time is a good healer :yes:

Like the others have said: it's a brave and good thing you've done. Mourn for him as is right and proper, then go and find another dog who will love you and be loved in return. Your old dog would have wished this for you.

I know it doesn't feel like it but it is the best thing you can do for him. I had to put my spanial to sleep two month's ago due to a tumor in his mouth/nose. He was my first dog, given to me by my father when I was 12. It still hurts a bit to think about him now. It helps to talk to people that knew him too, that's when the stories of the silly, clever, brave or naughty thing's he did come out and you can laugh at the memories. Try and find yourself somewhere quiet where you can cry, scream, shout and kick some of your grief out.

"We've had so many happy years, what is to come will hold no fears. We've been so close, we two, these years, don't let your heart hold any fears"

I RAISE MY GLASS TO YOU RAZOR, REST IN PEACE.

Edited by bullmastiff

Thanks all.

Razor went to sleep in my arms this morning,he went swiftley and troublefree.

My last words to him was "thank you for everything Razor...i will always love you..please send me a sign you are happy now" ... after spending a good 10 mins stroking his body i stepped outside the vets - a dull horrid day then a ray of sun ..warm sun broke through the dark clouds..I just looked in amazment with tears stinging my eyes,then in front of that sun formed a cloud which i shit you not..swear to god was shaped as a greyhounds head!!!!! :cry:

That'll be his sign hes content now - coming back to say "thank you mummy"..so far i havnt cried much just a bit numb but im also relived hes never going to suffer anymore..he was too presciouse to feel pain :yes:

Run Free now my sweet gentle boy - chase bunnys to your hearts content ..run hard and pain free - Until we meet again :wub: :wub: :wub: