What Age Can Dogs Work Til?

every dog different and even a dog with a life time of hard work can still be doing the job in there later days ,..................it all depends what they were being used for..........look up snipe on here ,.........there are cracking threads of the old dog still putting plenty of game in the bag.......

• Like 1

Dog in my avatar was still killing foxes when he was 10 years old. Some smaller breeds whippet/beddy might last a bit longer than bigger breed crosses!!! If they are grafted hard and well looked after it's surprising how long they'll go on for. On the other hand I have known dogs well past it at 6 years old - probably could've been dealt a better hand in the 'well looked after department tho'? :thumbs:

• Like 2

the youngest i have here is 6 this year, i have an 11 year old who still works daily. ive got a 14 year old bitch who`s in home and isnt the least bit interested anymore, so all depends on the dog, they will let you know when they have had enough :thumbs: