Guard Dog

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to be rude......but i can never understand that logic of " he,s a fat lump but old now "................well do the ol boy a favour then and get some weight off him the strain on their joints when

will my mother inlaw do

Posted Images

Are akitas good guard dogs

Akita's are great dogs to have on a yard...if they bark its because there's a good reason...as for ppd they are limited.....there is problems with obiedience..and drive both sadly lacking in this breed...when I split up with my ex I left my old skits bitch as a family protection dog and she would and did protect the ex and kids..but as an on off sort of dog she was lacking.as a hunting dog she did very well and would happily kill anything with teeth...if you took her out to hunt she wouldn't entertain it....everything was on her terms...just like my bloody ex lol

• Like 1

A38B39DD-50F4-42A0-A445-13979CCC0FBC-192

Don't get much trouble with him about!

I need to get my AB like yours hes on a diet as we speak cant feed him dry food just piles on the weight,like i said to you before hes a hard dog to get out due to nervous problems.i go out last thing at night no people or noises about helps a bit

I need to get my AB like yours hes on a diet as we speak cant feed him dry food just piles on the weight,like i said to you before hes a hard dog to get out due to nervous problems.i go out last thing at night no people or noises about helps a bit

there does seem to be few probs in this breeds regards there temps, either to sharp or to nervy , went to a show few years back and seen them.Nice dogs most were good guards, but some of the temps could have been better.But suppose when breeds get popular, the breed suffers when not bred right.It happened with bullmastiffs poor temps,but the big prob was+ is unhealthy dogs bad Hips and not long lived . :yes:

That looks a beast

very laid back easy to live with good with other dogs until provoked ;)

is it a alunt, or alunt x grey , there were bullmastiffs like that years ago, most were brindle, they were night dogs for the keeper. Most about 26in 80-90lb , not like the shit show stuff of today . Still say a good male gsd take some beating as a watch+ guard dog :yes:

you seem to be an expert on gsds now bird like you was on bull x

That looks a beast

is it a alunt, or alunt x grey , there were bullmastiffs like that years ago, most were brindle, they were night dogs for the keeper. Most about 26in 80-90lb , not like the shit show stuff of today . Still say a good male gsd take some beating as a watch+ guard dog :yes:

no mate, not gsd's but Bullmastiffs yes, as ive said had them in the 80s and bred them. A lurcher just lurcher what ever the x ,but regards guard dogs gsd's are more sharper than bullmastiffs, and i would have thought you knew that from having had gsd's .?

That looks a beast

no mate, not gsd's but Bullmastiffs yes, as ive said had them in the 80s and bred them. A lurcher just lurcher what ever the x ,but regards guard dogs gsd's are more sharper than bullmastiffs, and i would have thought you knew that from having had gsd's .?

i like my gsds but dont go round makeing out i know it all i just watch and learn

A38B39DD-50F4-42A0-A445-13979CCC0FBC-192-0000000FF4348299.jpg

there does seem to be few probs in this breeds regards there temps, either to sharp or to nervy , went to a show few years back and seen them.Nice dogs most were good guards, but some of the temps could have been better.But suppose when breeds get popular, the breed suffers when not bred right.It happened with bullmastiffs poor temps,but the big prob was+ is unhealthy dogs bad Hips and not long lived . :yes:

There was a lot of dodgy temperment abs being punted out of Newport ,they were cheap so getting bought easily enough,but a boarding kennel owner I spoke to would not have them in anymore as soon they went in the pen,they would switch to guard mode,and it was all he could do ,to change the food and water without getting bitten.

Not being nasty mate but theres only one suitable place for an AB with temperament problems like that.