• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

have ye ever tried to look hard way a whippet on a lead

Skin, swede, feet, puff and bollox.

Stamina, Brute strengh, Power, Vice like jaws (perfect for retrieving ) , bollocks and the heart of a lion - with the speed of a whippet I think.....im just a women what would i know

Seems a pointless cross to me a bull x whippet. A whippet is good enough for rabbit work if you want a bull cross use a greyhound x bull with that you got speed and plenty of gameness plus size. Leave the whippets to do what they are good at rabbits and the odd long ear.

• Like 2

By adding bull blood to any breed you create the most efficient, brutal killer on the planet that is more than capable of taking on twelve leopards and a piissed up weegie in one night, at the same time I might add....

And that's using a bull x teacup Yorkie :thumbs:

• Like 2

By adding bull blood to any breed you create the most efficient, brutal killer on the planet that is more than capable of taking on twelve leopards and a piissed up weegie in one night, at the same time I might add....

yer kickin the arse oot it with the pissed up weegie,they are game......but not that game :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 2

yer kickin the arse oot it with the pissed up weegie,they are game......but not that game :laugh::thumbs:

nowt takes a pissed up weegie, especially if its bucky he pissed on, add a few jellys or vals an ye got yaself a 1 man riot.....

an whippet99, i see you said ye try, ye should also say ye fail :laugh::tongue2:

Alright I admit a pisssed up weegie was a bit far :laugh: :laugh: maybe a pisssed up edinbugger then :tongue2:

Point is they are terminators on four legs :yes:

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1

Since I'm a novice when talking about sighthounds please treat me like this, I've taken the time to type a post which in my novice mind might contribute in a constructive way to this thread so no need to bash me.

I don't understand why people post these comments on the topic starters question. I can see why you would use some bull. But maybe if the question would have been put different (as it has been done recently in some other threads) it would not have been such a strange question.

I remember a thread from maybe two weeks ago, considering the wheaten or other larger working terriers opposed to the bull. I'd rather have a wheaten than a bull x but maybe that's just personal and is because of the grounds I'd use it on if legislation would allow me. A malionois, or GSD, or Dutch Shepherd would also be high on my list.

Apart from other crosses being up to scratch I understand why people cross lurcher to lurcher with bull blood in them, but why (and this is a genuine informative question) the first/half crosses when I can read quite a lot on this board about the bull itself not being worked as much as before? It's not like a bull is the only dog that like to fight or tackle something with teath.

I've really come across lovers and haters over here which both have valid points I guess.

Was the bull x also a popular x back in the days? (like 1850-1950?)

Edited by Bossie
  • Like 2