So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

First asparagus spears of the season today only a few had popped up but the first of many.

ferretingpics654_zps280c1975.jpg

First asparagus spears of the season today only a few had popped up but the first of many.

ferretingpics654_zps280c1975.jpg

Lightly steamed and dipped in salted Welsh butter food fit for a king. :thumbs:

TC

:thumbs:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Few bits picked and washed tonight  

You are right Arry yours look well happy in there In my case it was simply a matter of laziness lol. I use the scaffold netting which was on them but I sort of threw it on. If your going to net y

Posted Images

Nice one john I had 4 spears last week too. It is starting to take off now but we are away for a week so I hope it don't go too mad. My plot neighbour has been blasting his plot with weedkiller so hopefully all my stuff will be alive when I get back. All my spuds were coming through nice and green so if I get back and they are dead I will know why

Nice one john I had 4 spears last week too. It is starting to take off now but we are away for a week so I hope it don't go too mad. My plot neighbour has been blasting his plot with weedkiller so hopefully all my stuff will be alive when I get back. All my spuds were coming through nice and green so if I get back and they are dead I will know why

Hopefully terry your crops will be ok if not give him a good beating :laugh:

lol I hope so or he is going in my bean trench :laugh:

lol I hope so or he is going in my bean trench :laugh:

:laugh: Have a good week away Terry. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Got back today first thing pick the ferrets up next straight down the allotment. Spuds are motoring now had covered them while away in case of a frost but I think we are in the clear now and they are big enough to be ok any way

14022597515_56d49e4d14_c.jpg

14019583642_84d97265a9_c.jpg

This years planted broadbeans and on the the right my third lot of peas that has been stuffed by mice,voles. They are laying around on the surface even though I buried the edges of the net. Going to soak in paraffin next and try that for next attempt

14022764405_75be7726d7_c.jpg

autumn sown beans hanging in there

14019533351_1fa035219e_c.jpg

asparagus had run riot while away we had the tough old lower bits for tea took some chewing tender tops with the roast tomorrow

13999579436_0402efe362_c.jpg

toms black krim

14042682933_1033e639b3_c.jpg

ethel watkins and money maker

14023110644_4398109651_c.jpg

chilli plant doing well

14019436482_a118db6acd_c.jpg

but can't see the sweet potato slips making it into the garden but no great loss

14023070194_de44c7a9cf_c.jpg

• Like 3

Been told to wrap up my tomatoes (lol) cos were going to get a frost soon. Told by a old lad up allotments..i hope hes wrong.

Yes we have possibility of frost or did have so netting back on the new spuds shame to knock them back for sake of a bit netting