So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

Culled the poorly bantam hen and cockerel this morning.

Now got to hand notice in and dismantle shed,chicken run and bring it all home,possibly one van load

Then got to tidy up home ,and get raised beds in and be ready for spring/easter lol

Good luck. :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Few bits picked and washed tonight  

You are right Arry yours look well happy in there In my case it was simply a matter of laziness lol. I use the scaffold netting which was on them but I sort of threw it on. If your going to net y

Posted Images

Culled the poorly bantam hen and cockerel this morning.

Now got to hand notice in and dismantle shed,chicken run and bring it all home,possibly one van load

Then got to tidy up home ,and get raised beds in and be ready for spring/easter lol

shame about the chucks mate, plenty of time :thumbs:

fingers crossed jj do you manure your beds at all ? I see you have plenty of leeks too I wish I had planted more been having a couple every weekend and will soon get through them. Next year I will have a better idea of amounts that I need.

In other news picked up some flower tubs from morrison today. About a gallon in size for 99p per 8 but the bundles were actually 10 will use them for the toms next year

yes Tel i do manure but not were we put the carrots, i got told they like manure so we didn't bother, its our first season as you will probably know but we have found that we need to get the timing/space it out a bit better when planting as you end up with stuff going to shit :thumbs: not the tatties mind as they store ok but more the brassica side of things :yes:

yes Tel i do manure but not were we put the carrots, i got told they like manure so we didn't bother, its our first season as you will probably know but we have found that we need to get the timing/space it out a bit better when planting as you end up with stuff going to shit :thumbs: not the tatties mind as they store ok but more the brassica side of things :yes:

Yea I know what you mean jj we bought second hand chest freezer when the runners beans went into over drive and all the cabbage came at once. But I need to sort my timings out which will come with experience. Also more spacing between rows so I can hoe easier with out any worries

• 2 weeks later...

made some more raised beds the last couple of days on the 1/2 plot we have and the manure we have from last year is going on tomorrow, i'll over winter on top and then get the rotovator on it, some fellas on here trench and put manure in :icon_eek: bollox to that, let the worms have few months first :thumbs:

http://s575.photobucket.com/user/jackoleeds/media/jacks3245_zps9ef68191.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

:thumbs:

Yeah,let the frost break it down abit too ;)

I got the chicken pen back here,gave away the hen house as using a 6ft shed here,just the allotment shed to dismantle,ibc water butt to drain and herbs to dig up and bring back,handed me notice in,and there's a new person going to have it,as they was about to take on a virgin plot nearby.

Picked up some raspberry canes off freecycle this week so used them to fill in the gaps in my new plot

10885773913_7169f6b33a_c.jpg

10885406645_0fdcbceaf7_b.jpg

ground is still to wet to get the second plot dug over but I keep nibbling a bit when ever I go there

10885714053_f2edfd77c0_b.jpg

picked a few bits for dinner the sprouts won't win any prizes for looks but they taste nice

10885510704_7fb1f58012_b.jpg

Edited by terryd
  • Like 2