So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

Picked what I could salvage of the green toms for some chutney better than wasting them tonight.     Not impressed with me cabbage     few bits for dinner. Bean are delicious at the mo

Had an hour on the plots today dug first spuds ( not the best but sure they be tasty, pulled a few beets to culled a cross bread pigeon from my loft , while we was there I swapped some eggs for a turn

Posted Images

On 28/07/2018 at 21:23, forest of dean redneck said:

Well mines finished split up with wife moved to Dorset , allotment and greenhouse will just be neglected and it will wither and die. 

sorry to hear hope things work out for you

My toms have thick skins and I was cursing the variety what ever the hell they are. But google tells me it is the heat and they do that to protect the fruit. So next year now I in the no I put up some shade. All ways a learning day as long as I bloody  remember next year lol

• Like 2

You all seem to be doing well despite the weather doing it's best to defeat us, my season started well, but due to work load I lost a lot of stuff, it just got burnt or dried out before I could get back from work to water round. ☹️   But some things seem to have done well.  Lost most of the stuff grown in pots bar one tom plant and a few withered herbs.  Stuff that is doing well.

20180731_162546.thumb.jpg.a65432c048770283f1275bc4c91634f5.jpg

Golden Delicious Apples doing ok.

20180731_162555.thumb.jpg.f125a939ba69bd92b0242856f9a385e1.jpg

The last tom plant planted after the others burnt, don't know if it will amount to much, but we will see.

20180731_162603.thumb.jpg.2d46a2f46b7283a4ac2b92964d05bfcf.jpg

Herbs in pots got a little bit burnt, but should make it back by Autumn, maybe.

• Like 3

20180731_162741.thumb.jpg.c8e98297d140f3f81b099404069f2844.jpg

Apricots are swelling up, so the jam pan might get a work out.

20180731_162851.thumb.jpg.ad33d2955cd1ac4605a70975901a2a94.jpg

Plums seem to be a little behind, but there's still plenty of time to make good.

20180731_162814.thumb.jpg.3ef59278dc6ab589a0e76ab3749953bc.jpg

Strawb troughs dried out a little, big strawbs didn't do so well, but the Alpine Strawbs did ok, not a big harvest, but I only bought them to see how they went, 99p for 50 seeds and soil, seed tray, and closhe, so had to give them a whirl.    Gooseberries did well, but I left them to the Blackbirds since they were stuggling, so no pix as they ate the lot.  So some success and some failures.  Sorry about the split post, but I can't seem to get all the pix up on one post.

• Like 5
23 hours ago, terryd said:

My toms have thick skins and I was cursing the variety what ever the hell they are. But google tells me it is the heat and they do that to protect the fruit. So next year now I in the no I put up some shade. All ways a learning day as long as I bloody  remember next year lol

Might be too much sunshine hours are yours in green house ? 

23 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Might be too much sunshine hours are yours in green house ? 

yea they did great last year and was expecting the same. But cooking in there this year even with door open. But they needed some shade i think. Will sort that next year. Not even a glass one just polycarbonate 

Edited by terryd