packing in with the lurchers

Time has come too give up with the running dogs . really gutted. there aint the quarry to go at in this area without travelling. which too dodgey for me with the job i do. so considering jacking in.its going to be hard when you aint been without a running dog for 15 years. may be a couple of dogs to the right homes.

Time has come too give up with the running dogs . really gutted. there aint the quarry to go at in this area without travelling. which too dodgey for me with the job i do. so considering jacking in.its going to be hard when you aint been without a running dog for 15 years. may be a couple of dogs to the right homes.

its not easy now good luck with what ever you do :thumbs:

Kane fellah i wouldnt do it.

But i know a lot of lads now that just dont take the risks due too laws ect, They couldnt afford too lose there lifes, Houses, Bussness, ect over so have done what your on about and just gave up with yrs and yrs of breeding down the drain.

You got no one that you'll gifted the dogs out too? Or maybe a seasons loan pup back ect type thing keep your options open fellah cause when there gone there gone....

Atb either way fellah....... :thumbs:

• Like 2

i packed up a few years ago and last year only just got back into it i would sign in here to to see whats going on wiht everyone .i regreted packing in after a while missed the walks with the dogs and like minded people .just dont rush into something you may regret later on down the line .

• Like 1

Your not a fecking Gamekeeper are you Kane? Haha...honest fella if you lived where I do you would of quit 15 year ago,it's barren but just getting out with a dog or two at heel in the countryside...well what beats it? Not much I can tell you,I've kept lurchers well over 30 years..if its in your blood fella then I'm afraid your an addict...simple as that...I'm talking from experience!...ATB though whatever you choose to do..Andy

• Like 5

biggest regret i ever had was selling up and heading off to the army. out now medically and before buying fridge or a cooker it was dog shopping. if you really want to get rid, make sure they go to a mate who if you have the urge will let you borrow back for the day etc...

atb scott

• Like 1

i sold up and joined the army and what a mistake it was. i did 3 years without a dog then ended up based in germany were me and a mate ended up getting a few dogs and doing abit over there. thats when i thought f**k the army i cant live like this anymore and i come out 3 months later. but i hadnt got a family to support or anyone depending on me. its alright everyone sitting here here saying dont do it, it only takes once to get caught to be out of a job, out of money, in debt, and the list goes on mate but once your in its hard to get out no matter what the punishment is belive me.

• Like 3

If you feel It's time to through in the towel then fair play to you mate but it certainly wouldn't be me, then again the less people in the game especially the ones that draw unwanted attention by bumping their gums about their exploits suits me fine

know how you feel ,felt like it a few times with the way things are but the feeling soon passes ,same here really not much about and have to travel which is getting harder every year with the law and expense and risks .good luck in whatever you decide but my advice would be dont do anything hasty

its all doom and gloom on here lately.........nowt abart locally here either, i just enjoy getting out with the dogs and like the company whilst out walking. the dogs always seem to enjoy an hour or 2 out even if they dont see or chase owt. Just enjoy the fresh air and get out there atb sesku

• Like 1