• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woke up too 9''' this morning in Northamptonshire....       But no snow as of yet...!!

Its minus 30 in the north pole and snowing

Daft c**ts probably in the shower

Posted Images

its stopped ...............filled up my bird feeders this morning ---sat most of the day watching all manner of birds come into feed the resident blackbird even spent 10 mins taking a bath while waiting for bits to drop off the feeders--been a pleasure to watch ..

• Like 1

Well after it more or less melted yesterday afternoon into evening, woken up this morning to a thick covering of the stuff and it's still going strong now. I'll get some pics up, had about 2 inches over night :boogy:

Well after it more or less melted yesterday afternoon into evening, woken up this morning to a thick covering of the stuff and it's still going strong now. I'll get some pics up, had about 2 inches over night :boogy:

yeah its stated coming down again at eaglescliffe

Just a light dusting on the hills outside Carmarthen. The mower is staying in the shed :yes:

We're supposed to be getting a bit here on Friday, you'll probably get a good dump of it there! :laugh:

Spent the afternoon wandering with the gun and dogs....put the gun in the slip after an hour and enjoyed the scenery, got my flask out and sat watching the snow storms in the distance. Best afternoon i've had in a long while.

More snow please :thumbs:

• Like 2

its stopped ...............filled up my bird feeders this morning ---sat most of the day watching all manner of birds come into feed the resident blackbird even spent 10 mins taking a bath while waiting for bits to drop off the feeders--been a pleasure to watch ..

Been having a few new ones in my garden this last couple of weeks and had 2 bullie cocks in for the first time ever,i've got a old branch and drill a few big holes in it with a brace and bit and i pack the holes with old seed and lard and the blackies love it as do the robin,dunnocks,great tits,blue tits,long tailed tits and chaffies who visit during the day.Don't need to keep any soft bills myself with that lot on my patio :thumbs: ,but saying that not seen a thrush here for a good while now :hmm: .

• Like 1

just emptied 2 sacks of wild bird seed on the field infront of the spinny, might make the pheasents picky :laugh: but should keep some of the native birds going for a few days :thumbs: might even get some fuzzy pictures tomorrow :laugh:

I've been saving a sack full of aviary floor sweeping for this sort of weather,couldn't bring myself just to bin it as there's to much uneaten seed in it,see if i can coax some sparrows down to it as i have dozens live in the ivy on my house but they never feed off my bird table or feeders until they have chicks then the buggers smash it in minuets :laugh:.

• Like 1

I've been saving a sack full of aviary floor sweeping for this sort of weather,couldn't bring myself just to bin it as there's to much uneaten seed in it,see if i can coax some sparrows down to it as i have dozens live in the ivy on my house but they never feed off my bird table or feeders until they have chicks then the buggers smash it in minuets :laugh:.

You should get hold of a winnowing machine mate! :D There's a real old one still in my granddad's shed, he used to save a load of seed with it IIRC.. :thumbs: