how do they get away with this!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

but why should he have to get out his bed and come across quietly just cause you decide to have a midnight stroll. Obviously he's going to be pissed off, especially if he has been losing sheep, fences

and your point is ? i dont reck the land i dont mess with stock i close gates behind me. i always apolgise if i bump into anyone but if some f****r gives my dog 2 barrels it aint going down well. if y

Im afraid i couldn't take that sign seriously. I mean look at it ffs....he has obviously missed out the word 'in' and had to put it in after and to spell be as 'B' is laughable. I'd imagine he's not g

Posted Images

or a farmer comes and puts one in your mut WITHOUT escalation i.e telling me to move on or a warning shot

He,s got a sign up warning you.................how many warnings do you want !!

if you are not interfering with livestock he cannot shoot your dog its as simple as that

.And after he has shot the dog is that going to be the end nothing more is going to happen? i doubt it as if my dog was shot i coudnt care if i was ment to be there or not i would be back the next day... with a un stock broken bull x

:rolleyes::fool:

and your point is ? i dont reck the land i dont mess with stock i close gates behind me. i always apolgise if i bump into anyone but if some f****r gives my dog 2 barrels it aint going down well. if you want to go were you shouldnt be there is always going to be a risk but a man who shoots a dog first and trys to reason second aint going to get no sympathy from me

If there's no right of way through the field, you don't go in....simple! If you ignore the warning sign and your dog gets shot who've you got to blame? Yourself!!! Obviously the farmer/landowner has had issues with dogs, put yourself in his shoes :yes:

Taking an unbroken bullx in FFS heard it all man :laugh:

people like you think its so simple. how about the lads who have no permission who have no other way to keep the there sport going other than to "fence hop" should they pack it in ? there aint enough permission for everybody and thats a fact. you probably dont even keep lurchers because if you did you would know how hard it is to gain permision for a running dog. its big boys rules and if i bump into someone and he has a chat with me and tells me to move on fair enough i will be gone and probably never to return. if he comes running over the hill like f*****g rambo giving it big licks with a shotgun without having a word first or just a simple "f**k off before i shoot it" then i are going to have some issues

but why should he have to get out his bed and come across quietly just cause you decide to have a midnight stroll. Obviously he's going to be pissed off, especially if he has been losing sheep, fences cut or crops ran over. If you had your dogs nicked and you seen someone in your back garden would you go over and have a quiet word?? Would you f**k you think the worst and f*****g batter f**k out of them.

If your going to break the rules then you might have to face the consequences. Nobody wants to shoot a dog. Not only does it bring grief but if your a dog owner yourself it's not a very nice thing too do.

well lab for starters who ever is in the hunting game and goes out killing sheep, cuts fences , destroys crops is in the wrong game mate. and to tar all lurcher man as sheep killing fence cutting crop destroying blokes is stupid. there is still some of us out there that go out with a lamp and a dog and thats it i dont go about killing sheep or driving across land that aint mine. i go out for a few bunnies whats the fecking harm in that ? i no there is a few idiots that are wrecking the game but i am being honest when i say if my dog was shot it wouldnt be the last of it. i no if you havent got permission to be there you shoudnt etc.. but i treat the ground with respect as if it was my permission

Sorry mate but not for one minute was I lumping all lurcher men under that categorie. Ill admit before I came on this site i thought wrong and realise now that there's a world of difference between proper lurcher men and these folk that think killing sheep and cutting fences is all part of it. But a farmer getting hassle from folk won't even bother trying to make the comparison.

Again I'd hate to shoot a dog....And I'd never shoot a dog with an owner present. I would however shoot a dog that was out of control and reeking havoc unattended. If then someone took it upon themselves to ruin my business because if there stupidity then "good luck".

what i am trying to get at is if you was somewere were you shoudnt be and a keeper or a farmer comes and puts one in your mut WITHOUT escalation i.e telling me to move on or a warning shot is not only agaisnt the law but will piss me off slighty and i dont belive in getting mad just even

edited to say if you can stand there and watch you dog get shot and take it on the chin your a bigger man than me and fair play :thumbs:

happened up our way in the 80s a keeper shot a lurcher taking a roe boys went back that night cut his phone cable shot every window in the house .The keeper locked himself in the basement of his cottage boys couldnt get to him so went to his kennels and slit every dogs throat in the kennel . The keeper went back to wales the next day everyone got pulled for it by the police never got the boys bit extreme but if they got the keeper they would have done some serious damage :thumbs:

.And after he has shot the dog is that going to be the end nothing more is going to happen? i doubt it as if my dog was shot i coudnt care if i was ment to be there or not i would be back the next day... with a un stock broken bull x

and your point is ? i dont reck the land i dont mess with stock i close gates behind me. i always apolgise if i bump into anyone but if some f****r gives my dog 2 barrels it aint going down well. if you want to go were you shouldnt be there is always going to be a risk but a man who shoots a dog first and trys to reason second aint going to get no sympathy from me

If there's no right of way through the field, you don't go in....simple! If you ignore the warning sign and your dog gets shot who've you got to blame? Yourself!!! Obviously the farmer/landowner has had issues with dogs, put yourself in his shoes :yes:

people like you think its so simple. how about the lads who have no permission who have no other way to keep the there sport going other than to "fence hop" should they pack it in ? there aint enough permission for everybody and thats a fact. you probably dont even keep lurchers because if you did you would know how hard it is to gain permision for a running dog. its big boys rules and if i bump into someone and he has a chat with me and tells me to move on fair enough i will be gone and probably never to return. if he comes running over the hill like f*****g rambo giving it big licks with a shotgun without having a word first or just a simple "f**k off before i shoot it" then i are going to have some issues

but why should he have to get out his bed and come across quietly just cause you decide to have a midnight stroll. Obviously he's going to be pissed off, especially if he has been losing sheep, fences cut or crops ran over. If you had your dogs nicked and you seen someone in your back garden would you go over and have a quiet word?? Would you f**k you think the worst and f*****g batter f**k out of them.

If your going to break the rules then you might have to face the consequences. Nobody wants to shoot a dog. Not only does it bring grief but if your a dog owner yourself it's not a very nice thing too do.

well lab for starters who ever is in the hunting game and goes out killing sheep, cuts fences , destroys crops is in the wrong game mate. and to tar all lurcher man as sheep killing fence cutting crop destroying blokes is stupid. there is still some of us out there that go out with a lamp and a dog and thats it i dont go about killing sheep or driving across land that aint mine. i go out for a few bunnies whats the fecking harm in that ? i no there is a few idiots that are wrecking the game but i am being honest when i say if my dog was shot it wouldnt be the last of it. i no if you havent got permission to be there you shoudnt etc.. but i treat the ground with respect as if it was my permission

Sorry mate but not for one minute was I lumping all lurcher men under that categorie. Ill admit before I came on this site i thought wrong and realise now that there's a world of difference between proper lurcher men and these folk that think killing sheep and cutting fences is all part of it. But a farmer getting hassle from folk won't even bother trying to make the comparison.

Again I'd hate to shoot a dog....And I'd never shoot a dog with an owner present. I would however shoot a dog that was out of control and reeking havoc unattended. If then someone took it upon themselves to ruin my business because if there stupidity then "good luck".

I thought you had been beaten down into quiet submission by the OP ?? :whistling: what are you doing back on his thread ??? :D

:laugh: :laugh:

well i can assure that i would not be wondering a feild full of livestock with a dog that is not under control not broken to stock and reeking havoc. any farmer or keeper worth his salt will be able to tell the differance between a stock broken dog and a sheep killer if he chooses to IGNORE that and brand me under the reckless idiots and sheep killing group and shoot my dog then so be it but it will not end there.

I thought you had been beaten down into quiet submission by the OP ?? :whistling: what are you doing back on his thread ??? :D

Is that what it looked like.....? Aye yoi f*****g wish, never happen though.. Lol

what i am trying to get at is if you was somewere were you shoudnt be and a keeper or a farmer comes and puts one in your mut WITHOUT escalation i.e telling me to move on or a warning shot is not only agaisnt the law but will piss me off slighty and i dont belive in getting mad just even

edited to say if you can stand there and watch you dog get shot and take it on the chin your a bigger man than me and fair play :thumbs:

Don't understand you at all...why bother putting yourself in the situation in the first place?? If you see a sign like that, you stay away for your dogs sake. If you want to put a dogs life at risk for the sake of a few runs then knock yourself out, but you don't go off crying and 'getting even' if and when the dogs given both barrels because you thought 'you'd stick it to the man' and go against the wishes of the landowner!!

Sure people intentionally go out their way to be antagonistic :hmm:

• Like 1

he's had a protien shake

• Like 1

What would you class as reeking havoc lab? A dog chasing or nabbing your birds?

Don't understand you at all...why bother putting yourself in the situation in the first place?? If you see a sign like that, you stay away for your dogs sake. If you want to put a dogs life at risk for the sake of a few runs then knock yourself out, but you don't go off crying and 'getting even' if and when the dogs given both barrels because you thought 'you'd stick it to the man' and go against the wishes of the landowner!!

first of all the sign is a load of bollocks you CANNOT just shoot a dog soley for being on your land UNLESS its a harm to livestock (which it wouldnt be because it would be stock broken) so on what grounds would he shoot the dog on? if he decides to shoot the dog illegaly then thats up to him. i wouldnt be put off ground because of a sign that IF he carries out would be breaking the law. its easy to poach with some snares and ferrets.... :D get a running dog and then see what happends when you have no ground :thumbs:

Edited by Ray Mears

would you really go in one field with this sign........?

theres a million fields and your asked to keep your mutt out of one..........why would you go in,.why ,..why.........any one entering that field is asking for trouble...........

they can shoot a dog any time or any place if they want ...............bit late when the dog is dead .............all they will get is a tap on the wrist,..........despite the law your on private land ............. and that will go in there favour...................

as for the title of this thread ,.how do they get away with this ...............there just warning people to keep dogs out.............is that a crime ffs

wh@t if its the only field / fields with qu@rry in, which is f@rley common round me, only 1 or 2 fields worth w@lking! wh@t then p@ck in hunting :hmm: