how to put out some of the fire out a black dog

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of terriers start hard and remain hard for as long as they work,but putting more in front of them or working them sore wont change there style of work imo it will just ruin them.If the dog in qu

Try digging him abit more than 3 times a year

one day he`ll meet his match slows em up a bit ...hard or reckless dogs sometimes need 2-3 digs in a day ... give him more graft might just be the answer ---

Posted Images

one day he`ll meet his match slows em up a bit ...hard or reckless dogs sometimes need 2-3 digs in a day ... give him more graft might just be the answer ---

if it takes a pasting first dig of the day what does he do then

thats were common sense kicks in ...
  • Like 2

A dog is born with the style of work in him your not gonna get a judge of him in 3 digs but work him sore work him more might steady him down but he'll resort to the style he's bred with.I had a dog in his 1st season he'd bay like a good un and take hold when broken through 2nd season and every season onwards he's learnt to bay with his mouthfull and wont change.But you put him in and dig him out thats the main thing He's 8 years old and retired now so what im saying dont judge the dog by his 1st season.You've done the hard bit and thats getting him entered.

• Like 1

Digging him once every three four weeks is doing the dog no favours....put more work infront of him or you will never know what the dog is about.... Maybe it's you that doesn't like the dog getting bitten up ? Does the dog take a lot of stick ? All mine start hard at the start of the season but routine work soon settles them....

• Like 2

Id say put more work in front of him and dug him more than once a day like the other lads have said it will either make him or break him. I got a black dog here he is 8 now and fully retired he started hard and stayed hard and I put a serious amount of work in front of him.

A lot of terriers start hard and remain hard for as long as they work,but putting more in front of them or working them sore wont change there style of work imo it will just ruin them.If the dog in question is as hard as he says then it can only be dug every 3-4 weeks as it will need time to heal,but as i have often said before peoples definition of hard differs and others will say there dog took a right pasteing and it maybe only a few tips on the nose,everyone has a different opinion.

• Like 6

See it alldepends on you definition of hard. If you mean it gets damage everytime well thats terrier work if its clever and bays till. Dugs to. And the qarry is in front when youbreak through. Jump up and down and shout yeeee haaaaa

Some will grab and hold on some will bay allday some will spar and fight ,

Its not fooooooking rocket sience. Terriers are terriers. All blow as much smoke up each

Others arses as you want ,

Enjoy them for what they are the be all and end all of working dogs the working terrier

Happy new year.

Edited by gonetoearth