lurchers " English shepherd dog " anyone tried them?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prick ears and pig ugly.........but give me purpose over pretty anyday !!!   "Say Cheese !!"

wanted....................     some sucker to buy this dog so i can use it for stud an peddle the new colliex

Posted Images

The main criteria for trying to create a 'new type' of working dog,..has got to be,.work... :yes:

Cosmetic matters,..do not matter,..and when such things begin to enter the equation,..it is definitely time, to get yer coat....

All the best, CHALKWARREN... :thumbs:

:thumbs:

The main criteria for trying to create a 'new type' of working dog,..has got to be,.work... :yes:

Cosmetic matters,..do not matter,..and when such things begin to enter the equation,..it is definitely time, to get yer coat....

:thumbs:

Looks don't kill or I would of been dead a long time ago, good feet coat and the will to hunt is whats needed in a good lurcher, most crosses come and go in the lurcher world but the tryed and tested last the longest...jack

nice pare, lined? putting the kelpie under the spot light, I wonder if old charly is in there gene pool.lol

This U.S. Drovers dog is a long way of a new breed , we just dont have these collie breeds anymore in the u.k. not in numbers anyway

Edited by kevin-Day

Very nice pare, lined? Dave! did a good job putting the kelpie under the spot light, I wonder if old Purdey is in there gene pool.

This Drovers dog is a long way of a new breed as is the kelpie, we just dont have these collie breeds anymore to try, and they have a good coat.lol

Good coat ???????

Another thing that the borders and beardies have given to lurchers for generations along with plenty of other things...........Kevin you seem to be going round in circles with this.

A beardie/border mix.......good feet, good coat.........imo a good example of a well put together lurcher.

S7300557.jpg

• Like 2

Wondered how long it would take for the advert! Buffooner

Lol,I suppose they are original droving dog lines,untouched,re discovered ,blah blah blah.

Seen dogs like that sold as pups for £120 up round hay on wye pmsl.

yeah £650 for original droving dog and at the end of the day they look to be a old line of Collie lurcher also there not KC doys yet!! :thumbs:

So £120 up round hay on wye sounds like you could be on the right track.! LOL :D

who in there right head would pay £650 for a collie an walk feed shovel shit for a couple of years to breed a litter of lurcher. when the country is full of working collies. (were i live it is ) with in a 10 minute walk you could get a service of a fast border collie working sheep or a big strong cattle dog...or just go to hancock save yourself 4 years work an £400 quid
  • Like 4

Very nice pare, lined? Dave! did a good job putting the kelpie under the spot light, I wonder if old Purdey is in there gene pool.

This Drovers dog is a long way of a new breed as is the kelpie, we just dont have these collie breeds anymore to try, and they have a good coat.lol

Good coat ???????

Another thing that the borders and beardies have given to lurchers for generations along with plenty of other things...........Kevin you seem to be going round in circles with this.

A beardie/border mix.......good feet, good coat.........imo a good example of a well put together lurcher.

S7300557.jpg

nice johnny dont think he like the ears lol

Drovers are far from being a dead breed are you jokeing or what! open your eyes call them what you will herders Drovers or stock men !

Just look around the world to places like United States , Australia, New Zealand,

USA with the English Shepherd which is said to be the best suited for farm and ranch work, where these dogs are also used for hunting! :yes::thumbs:

Australia kelpie : Kelpiesand dingoes are similar in conformation and colouring. there is no doubt that some people have deliberately mated dingoes to their Kelpies, and some opinion holds that the best dilution is 1/16–1/32, but that 1/2 and 1/4 will work. some will kill sheep :hmm:

New Zealand : Huntaway herding dog : They are well known for being a noisy dog, :huh: especially when working!! Barkers :laugh:

I THINK THAT WILL DO FOR THIESE DROVERS DOGS :victory: English Shepherd :toast:

Edited by kevin-Day

Drovers are far from being a dead breed are you jokeing or what! open your eyes call them what you will herders Drovers or stock men !

Just look around the world to places like United States , Australia, New Zealand,

USA with the English Shepherd which is said to be the best suited for farm and ranch work, where these dogs are also used for hunting! :yes::thumbs:

Australia kelpie : Kelpiesand dingoes are similar in conformation and colouring. there is no doubt that some people have deliberately mated dingoes to their Kelpies, and some opinion holds that the best dilution is 1/16–1/32, but that 1/2 and 1/4 will work. some do will kill sheep :hmm:

New Zealand : Huntaway herding dog : They are well known for being a noisy dog, :huh: especially when working!! Barkers :laugh:

I THINK THAT WILL DO FOR THIESE DROVERS DOGS :victory: English Shepherd :toast:

Theres a lad on here from over the pond(usa) and funnily enough uses collie x's.........that he imported from surprise, surprise......over here.

99% of yanks will tell you an "english shepherd dog" is a feckin border collie......no more no less !!!!

• Like 3

Seems your minds made up Kevin, no matter what anyone says , no matter what experience theve got

But its been at interesting subject with some nice collies be shown , dogs that are potfillers tried and tested , day in day out

Proper lurchers :thumbs:

So it will be interesting to see how yours turns in the future , should make some good reading

But please tell us the truth warts and all and well see how the dog turns out

• Like 1