Whippet or lurcher?

Worked Kittles whippet a fair bit, and I love watching her work, so much that I got a dog with whippet in it,, but only a cross with whippet in it, it`s still a lurcher.

would not have a pure whippet for working, no point while theres lurchers available

On a serious note.

My whippet is my pride and joy. I absolutley adore the wee dog.

But being honest for a tough, durable dog for flatout work, nobody can deny a lurcher is the best option. My lurcher is far faster than my whippet.

But im sure i wont go long without a whippet in my life. I dont know if its just my whippet but the companionship and loyalty is phenominal.

I personally wouldnt be the same without the wee dog.

I agree,, and lucy is a wee sweetie as well.

Like I say, enjoy watching them work, but the big collie x is the business in my book

just you wait till your we beddy x starts doing the business and we will see if your saying that lol :thumbs:
  • Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's bull/whip/grey x beddy/grey baw, a real flyer tbh and one of the fastest dogs I've owned.

A great little dog and I would say the most entertaining dog I have seen to run rabbits either night or day. But in all seriousness would it physically stand lamping several nights a week in the winte

Baw , you fooking philistine ,get yourself a whippet ,enjoy the poetry and beauty a decent whippet will bring to your life , stand back in amazment while the little warrior does his thing efficiently

Posted Images

Worked Kittles whippet a fair bit, and I love watching her work, so much that I got a dog with whippet in it,, but only a cross with whippet in it, it`s still a lurcher.

would not have a pure whippet for working, no point while theres lurchers available

On a serious note.

But being honest for a tough, durable dog for flatout work, nobody can deny a lurcher is the best option. My lurcher is far faster than my whippet.

But im sure i wont go long without a whippet in my life. I dont know if its just my whippet but the companionship and loyalty is phenominal.

Like I say, enjoy watching them work, but the big collie x is the business in my book

just you wait till your we beddy x starts doing the business and we will see if your saying that lol :thumbs:

Haha touche !

I`m looking forward to seeing him out, I got the whippet x for a reason, I`m a fan of some of there traits so a whippet x lurcher appealed big style.

• Like 1

On a serious note.

Haha touche !

I`m looking forward to seeing him out, I got the whippet x for a reason, I`m a fan of some of there traits so a whippet x lurcher appealed big style.

BUT you would have had my thin skinned, no coat, weedy looking whippet in a heartbeat :whistling:

couldnt care less about her no being big, muscly or durable. shes got the heart of a lion, keen as fcuk and lives for working.

shes no go the big breeding or the killer hunting traits but she does me.

dont get me wrong. her faults are obvious and theres plenty of them but she wouldnt be her without them.

and with what shes been through. im grateful that she runs at all.

each time she comes back, full mouthed or empty handed. it makes no difference to me. she still get treated the same :thumbs:

• Like 2