Working Bedlingtons 2005

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

chewey was out of coco and ben for the record ted was out of coco wilson and ive never had a problem with crossing Alun everybody knows and i tell them all my beddys have fell in them and they work underground !!!!!

Edited by TOPPER

The truth is lads coco isnt a 3/4 bred beddy fell she was bred by Mike Evan and Mike on more than one occassion used dogs with no history/un known breeding on both sides the bedlington and the fell but everything he bred from worked in the ground other than one dog and that dog worked fox week in week out flushing drawing and dispaching foxes in cover before the ban came in . And what hes done is produce a nice type of terrier that breeds true to type and isnt afraid of work the two i had here worked fox as good as anything else and loved working everything . Iv got the paperwork here for the line/breeding of what Mike bred going wright back to the very start and iv spent many hours talking me throught it with Mike ATB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone looking or interested in taking on a young bedlington hybrid/type dog worker to worker bred pm me if interested cheers ATB RT
that's the trouble lads they bang on about there so called working bedlingtons they're all hybrids whatever percentage of fell/ border or Lakeland blood in them and whatever they look like
Anyone looking or interested in taking on a young bedlington hybrid/type dog worker to worker bred pm me if interested cheers ATB RT[/quote. That's correct lads there all hybrids there all crossbreds however you look at it people forget when there putting there so called working bedlingtons over running dogs ie whippets /greyhounds do they mention the fell / border/ Lakeland in the make up of there so called working bedlington in the sales add breed what's right for you first and foremost atb dai
Anyone looking or interested in taking on a young bedlington hybrid/type dog worker to worker bred pm me if interested cheers ATB RT
that's the trouble lads they bang on about there so called working bedlingtons they're all hybrids whatever percentage of fell/ border or Lakeland blood in them and whatever they look like

Anyone looking or interested in taking on a young bedlington hybrid/type dog worker to worker bred pm me if interested cheers ATB RT[/quote. That's correct lads there all hybrids theyre all crossbreds however you look at it people forget when there putting there so called working bedlingtons over running dogs ie whippets /greyhounds do they mention the fell / border/ Lakeland in the make up of there so called working bedlington in the sales add breed what's right for you first and foremost atb dai
Anyone looking or interested in taking on a young bedlington hybrid/type dog worker to worker bred pm me if interested cheers ATB RT[/quote. That's correct lads there all hybrids there all crossbreds however you look at it people forget when there putting there so called working bedlingtons over running dogs ie whippets /greyhounds do they mention the fell / border/ Lakeland in the make up of there so called working bedlington in the sales add breed what's right for you first and foremost atb dai

All terriers are hybrid,fact,if they breed to type over many generations and graft then they are working terriers of a certain type.There is not a Lakey or Black terrier in the country that does not have Bedlington heritage.Hybrid terriers soon become,Borders,Lakey,s etc. etc.,as soon as Beddy hybrids are mentioned as a working type people seek issue with that fact.If it breeds to type,works as a terrier should then its a working type,no matter its history,the best working Bedlingtons about now,that are a truer reflection of history and type are hybrids,any decent working Fell,Lakey,Russel or Black owns hybrid heritage.The majority of Beddys used in lurcher production are KC,more pure than their hybrid cousins,plus generations away from ever seeing graft.

All terriers are hybrid,fact,if they breed to type over many generations and graft then they are working terriers of a certain type.There is not a Lakey or Black terrier in the country that does not have Bedlington heritage.Hybrid terriers soon become,Borders,Lakey,s etc. etc.,as soon as Beddy hybrids are mentioned as a working type people seek issue with that fact.If it breeds to type,works as a terrier should then its a working type,no matter its history,the best working Bedlingtons about now,that are a truer reflection of history and type are hybrids,any decent working Fell,Lakey,Russel or Black owns hybrid heritage.The majority of Beddys used in lurcher production are KC,more pure than their hybrid cousins,plus generations away from ever seeing graft.
correct there's very few kc animals seeing any sort of work without seeing earth work and there are some bedlington hybrids producing bedlington blooded running dogs atb

correct there's very few kc animals seeing any sort of work without seeing earth work and there are some bedlington hybrids producing bedlington blooded running dogs atb

There are a few genuine grafting Bedlingtons that are lurcher sire and dams,the reason there are more KC beddys in the mix is because genuine working terriers are often far smaller and would produce far smaller lurchers,the much taller beddy sires,KC, are better suited to throwing the size people seek,their lack of graft is covered by hybrid vigour in the progeny,id not breed hoping for hybrid vigour,or dollar,dollar is the biggest threat to any working terrier,especially Bedlingtons.

theres an awful lot of lurchers/whippets out there that have been put to hybrid bedlingtons but nothing is said of the lakie fell influence in them .

rory i d bet some fool pays it and half of them end up down the dogs home in January - a sad fact of life

• Like 1

All terriers are hybrid,fact,if they breed to type over many generations and graft then they are working terriers of a certain type.There is not a Lakey or Black terrier in the country that does not have Bedlington granitorheritage.Hybrid terriers soon become,Borders,Lakey,s etc. etc.,as soon as Beddy hybrids are mentioned as a working type people seek issue with that fact.If it breeds to type,works as a terrier should then its a working type,no matter its history,the best working Bedlingtons about now,that are a truer reflection of history and type are hybrids,any decent working Fell,Lakey,Russel or Black owns hybrid heritage.The majority of Beddys used in lurcher production are KC,more pure than their hybrid cousins,plus generations away from ever seeing graft.

There are a few genuine grafting Bedlingtons that are lurcher sire and dams,the reason there are more KC beddys in the mix is because genuine working terriers are often far smaller and would produce far smaller lurchers,the much taller beddy sires,KC, are better suited to throwing the size people seek,their lack of graft is covered by hybrid vigour in the progeny,id not breed hoping for hybrid vigour,or dollar,dollar is the biggest threat to any working terrier,especially Bedlingtons.
granitor bedlingtons are kc reg small types but produce half decent lurchers so they tell me and wasn't the heartbreak kennels based on those granitor bedlingtons I think when you put hybrid bedlingtons into running dogs you are really opening a can of worms atb