• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of mates beddy types ?

A couple of digging lads that go to the meeting have been out with Cain this season,the FMWTC meetings where often a place that some found advantageous in sourcing stock,days in the field,like minded

Tango mid 90's Dam of Yogi

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

its was easier to get a bedlington 20 years ago for proper work than it is now, which tells you what a poor state the breeds in.

I beg to differ,from my experience with the breed there is more chance now of sourcing working stock,genuine working stock and not rodent chewers,than it was 20 years ago,proper working Beddys are on the resurgent,pseudo working owners bring the breed to their level,the lads about that have nothing but the breeds interest at heart will prevail,there are many honest bred and honest working mutts about that best befit the Beddy monicur.

we'll have to agreed to disagree Morton. theres been a so called resurgence for 30 years now but earth working bedlingtons are still like hens teeth and most of the ones that are working are saturated with fell/lakeand, which begs the question of which breed is doing the work ?even bred from genuine workers the failure rate is far higher than other terrier breeds. the majority of pedigrees are littered with dogs that didn't make the grade, matings that terriermen from other breeds wouldn't even consider are for some reason acceptable in bedlingtons, all is not rosey in the garden. which is a shame as i've a real soft spot for the breed and bar the cocker , all my dogs have a bit of beddy in them.

Rory, the two before her weren't up for the job ,i tried my best with them but it just wasn't happening, so that was the guts four years with nothing to show for it and i'd just had enough of them, had i have went for another breed i would have been digging to my own dogs instead of someone else's. in fairness the bitch i send back to Mike was looking promising, at least she wasn't afraid of the dark. temperament wise they didn't really suit me either, terriers should be bomb proof in my book and i found the bedlingtons to sensitive for my liking, i'm not sure were that trait has come from, i don't remember them being like that when i first got them.

She was flying to ground when came back but think the move put her back abit. Hopefully this will

Be her season. She's a cracking type. Was one the beddys before off Topper? How old was it when let it go?