Police = waste of space

put my variation in 4 weeks ago with Derbyshire police. i put in for a .223 for foxing and small deer. the land is passed for .223 previously /allready.

came back today. new certificate with one thing changed on it. i can now get a .22c/f moderator but no .223 or .223 ammo. so by mistake they have allowed me to buy a .22 c/f moderator which i could not buy before.

so i rang the admin and they looked on the computer. apparently the firearms manager has refussed the application 'no good reason'!!!!!!!!!!

so now i am 26£ down, with the same as i had before and a slot for a c/f moderator even though i have not got a centre fire on my ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so its not just the normal police that are 80% of the time a waste of space. the firearms admin are as well.

can someone tell me why we pay our taxes again? cause my household waste has not been collect this week either for the fourth time now sine the local council got a new contractor five weeks ago.

is his country falling apart or what?

• Like 1

Hi

They are terrible in Derbyshire,had a simlar situation with them,wasn't a variation but I requested a open cert with a valid reason lots of land years of experience etc ect, a simple letter back saying no,so after umpteen wasted phone calls trying to determin why I wrote a letter demanding an valid reason for the refusal,he didn't have one and two days later it was open,your refusal has to have a reason, stamp your feet a bit mate they think they rule this feckin planet,

Atb

• Like 2

My region make a stack of mistakes, including at one time issuing me with an AUTOMATIC shotgun (not Semi).

The fact is I have been dealing with them for more years than I care to remember and I most commonly get my own way, that does need the odd phone call, the odd question and the odd time I have to educate the FEO!

Talk to them, have a chat, see what you can do. :thumbs:

If you have permission on the farm for fox and deer and the land has past. And you sent in permission letter off farmer saying you can shoot the foxes and muntjac and cwd they can't refuse you.

Has the land got these deer if not then they wont grant deer on that fac. My ground has muntjac but not cwd.

My firearms officer wouldn't put cwd on there because we dont have them round this way. I said what if I go to afriends ground in Bedfordshire I couldn't shoot them then because it isn't on my ticket.

He said well when you do get a permission slip off his farmer and we will add that to your ticket!

Talk about making work for themselves

i'll keep my cool and tread carefully, stamping me feet all the way!!

i'm getting the feeling i should have just put fox on the variation. as its allready on my cert for .22lr . a lad advised me to get deer on it for if i go up north or by invite down this way.

maybe deer is to much for these bureaucrates to think about.

wel they better think on as i have land thats passed for .243 now and there are deer on it not just passing through, land owner will confirm it so they better give me a .223.

it just frustrates me for them to mess around for 4 weeks, take £26, and tell me theres 'no good reason'. then add c/f .22 mod on my cert.

i'm thinking of moving to australia, theres more jobs over there, more good looking women, and more foxes. this country has had it.

• Like 1

You should get your money back no probs.

Have you not thought of just going down the .243 route? They may be knocking you back because living in England the .223 is limited for deer considering there are a lot of roe about in the north.

The 243 hits so many boxes and is such a versatile round it's hard to knock it back.

Hope you get sorted.

Rather than be upset or angry why dont you actually ask to speak to your FEO in person and put your case and vent your frustration calmly and politely having all the relevent documents, permissions etc, even confirmations of the species you require the particular calibre for from the landowner or agent to hand as proof, if you have ticked all the boxes and providing you have good reason they will find it hard to refuse.

Are you a member of BASC ring them for advice on your situation if your getting no where.

Alan

You need to do your homework on this now anyone considering going for a cf calibre needs to write a very consise letter detailing your reasons and rights to own said calibre, make sure your letter contains no negative points as these will be used against you, make it clear in your application that you meet the requirements to own the calibre and have genuine reason to posses, police forces are now commonly quoting " Our forces policy".

This is usually not the actual law just what they want, make sure you are a member of eg. basc, ca, SACS. Liase with your feo and most important of all keep calm and polite.