Versatile Deerhound X's

Hi guys, I was wondering what you think is the best ratio for a Deerhound X? Or whether they benefit best from another outcross from say a whippet, BeddieX or collieX etc? Are they still a good all rounder or are there more suitable lurchers out there for a bit of everything?

Cheers

Pat

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A deerhound/collie/greyhound lurcher..

this is my bitch she done most mate deer x grey beddy wippet grey  

What i would say mate if your wanting to get one is dont be too concerned with the exact cross and the specific mix of whats in it and how much etc. Just make sure that the parents are working and doi

Posted Images

Back in the 80,s and 90,s deerhound grey x collie grey was a very popular cross and produced some real nice type,s :thumbs: Atb

I cant remember even seeing a quality litter like that for sale over the last couple of years!

(in case my wife sees this) Yes love, I know we need a bigger house or an extension before I get another lurcher, just thinking about the future.lol.

Edited by redpat1
  • Like 1

ive got 2 cross will try get pics up they are

dam = pure whippet

Sire grey x collie x deerhound

only use on rabbits to date but think they prob would go for more.

if someone can tell me how to put pictures up that is.

Edited by wullieh

would there be much difference between a 1st cross and a 5/8 etc, as they are all sighthounds surely it cant make a massive difference. I am sure that I read somewhere that back in the day some guys used a deerhound or a deerhound cross on the Fens, so they must be fairly agile with plenty of wind in their sails no matter what the ratio of mix is if any at all?

ps. lovely animal lapin2008, love the short coat with the Deerhoundy looking tight feet, stunning.

Edited by redpat1

Lapin2008 that dog is a belter I'm dying for a litter of 3/4 grey 1/4 deerhound to come up taking the piss how long I've been waiting now lol

Thanks mate, I am happy with him, he does all right.

Bit of an acquired taste when he was a pup as he was very sensitive and fragile as well as seeming to be thick as 2 short planks and so he had me worried for a while. But... as of a year everything just fell into place and he has turned out quite well.