keep or get rid

im just in was out with my dog iv had him from a pup he is saluki hound bull hound so i thought till i asked the fella i got him off are u sure thats what he is he then told me he is salukihound harrierxhound.i said right that explains alot he said why and i said cause he,s a barking b*****d. he just started laughing lol.he,s not a bad dog only for that, iv had 4 reds with him so far this season and a couple of rabbits he picks them up no bother only problem is once he misses he barks or if the quarry gets a bit of distance.he done the same on long ears.i only wanted him for reds and he is doing ok on them so far and is well clued in to the lamp but this yapping is starting to realy annoy me.its funny cause when he,s off the lead on walks he,s just nose to the ground and away so it does look like the harrier might be there.but at the same time i think im just looking for an excuse for the yapping :laugh: this is the thing i just want him for reds do i keep him if he,s doing the job but still barking or get rid what do u lads tink i realy like the dog but its a pain in the hole :laugh: i was told he will come out of it but he is doing it a good while now and iv heard of dogs coming out of it and had friends with dogs that done it and stopped but i dont think they wer waiting this long he,s about 17 months old

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye a bark collar on a dog coursing ffs..get real....Flying over the field..yap..shock..dog loses balance at the shock..potential dead dog..fcukin idiots

I'm trying to be polite here, BUT, FFS: have you actually got a brain?   Yes, dog may stop barking, but its 100% guaranteed to stop dog chasing as well: do the math! Dog chases, gets zapped, dog st

Did the guy explain why he put Harrier into the mix ? Seems a very strange choice, as it just about guarantee that the pups will have a good chance of opening up ! Also, I would be very unhappy if I

Posted Images

How long you had him lamping? He is still a pup mate, and has some maturing to do, may be a phase, Patience, Persistence, and he will come through it. if by this time next year he shows no improvement, then yes rid of the thing. atb kyle.

• Like 1

iv been told that but it just doesnt seem to be going.had a great course tonight and not a peep he got right up missed yappyapp the rest of the course and even looked like he was loosing ground with the yapping i was fuming :censored:

it started when he was about 9 or ten months out walking and a fast fella got up he chased and after the first field yap,yap,yap and has done it ever since and yes he missed alot starting off and is only starting to do well the past 7 or 8 weeks.but the yap is there most the time :thumbs:

im just in was out with my dog iv had him from a pup he is saluki hound bull hound so i thought till i asked the fella i got him off are u sure thats what he is he then told me he is salukihound harrierxhound.i said right that explains alot he said why and i said cause he,s a barking b*****d. he just started laughing lol.he,s not a bad dog only for that, iv had 4 reds with him so far this season and a couple of rabbits he picks them up no bother only problem is once he misses he barks or if the quarry gets a bit of distance.he done the same on long ears.i only wanted him for reds and he is doing ok on them so far and is well clued in to the lamp but this yapping is starting to realy annoy me.its funny cause when he,s off the lead on walks he,s just nose to the ground and away so it does look like the harrier might be there.but at the same time i think im just looking for an excuse for the yapping :laugh: this is the thing i just want him for reds do i keep him if he,s doing the job but still barking or get rid what do u lads tink i realy like the dog but its a pain in the hole :laugh: i was told he will come out of it but he is doing it a good while now and iv heard of dogs coming out of it and had friends with dogs that done it and stopped but i dont think they wer waiting this long he,s about 17 months old

Why are ya bother what anyone else thinks about the mutt, its not about anyone else its about you, nobody has the perfect dog bud

• Like 2

Did the guy explain why he put Harrier into the mix ? Seems a very strange choice, as it just about guarantee that the pups will have a good chance of opening up !

Also, I would be very unhappy if I bought a dog thinking it had certain breeding, then found out it had Harrier in it ! :thumbs:

Cheers.

• Like 5

Aye a bark collar on a dog coursing ffs..get real....Flying over the field..yap..shock..dog loses balance at the shock..potential dead dog..fcukin idiots :censored:

I dont know what other people thing but if you get him one of those anti barking collars and leave it on him.and let him chase and bark with that on and he,ll soon stop lol.

I'm trying to be polite here, BUT, FFS: have you actually got a brain? :blink:

Yes, dog may stop barking, but its 100% guaranteed to stop dog chasing as well: do the math! Dog chases, gets zapped, dog stops chasing: I shouldn't have to spell it out, but maybe in this case it is necessary.

• Like 6