What fast car would you have

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2k   Would rather get a fiat panda   Insurance is a rip off for young drivers now. I think i would have to walk

As person who has owned a busa a blade r1 gsxrs etc I floated my boat on bike have now turn all old and fuzzy and got bmw gs adventure   On the risk side alot of folk drive beyond there limits .  

Ford KA 1.3i..instead of me 1.3 KA van :laugh:

Posted Images

Now clock the power to weight ratio,handling,aero dynamics.....etc etc etc ;)0-60 in 5secs and 145mph......not a bad bit of speed for a large jeep mate.... :thumbs:

Oh i agree Lab.....but purely on speed.....147k for a 5 sec 0-60....................doesnt compare to 30k for a 2.8 sec 0-60 like the little car i was on about........infact even a 10k skyline is prob quicker than a 147k jeep........i love the Rangeys but i dont kid myself they,re quick cars not by todays standards :thumbs:

Now clock the power to weight ratio,handling,aero dynamics.....etc etc etc ;)0-60 in 5secs and 145mph......not a bad bit of speed for a large jeep mate.... :thumbs:

Oh i agree Lab.....but purely on speed.....147k for a 5 sec 0-60....................doesnt compare to 30k for a 2.8 sec 0-60 like the little car i was on about........infact even a 10k skyline is prob quicker than a 147k jeep........i love the Rangeys but i dont kid myself they,re quick cars not by todays standards :thumbs:

Oh of course if its just speed that your after then the Atom is the dogs dangles but i wouldn't fancy taking it for a long drive in the pissing rain.......not much room for the dogs either. And you could hardly park that outside Upton Park on a Saturday without coming out too find it been broken down like lego and on its way to the scrappies..... :laugh:

Do rolls Royce do a sports cars? If not I'd settle for bonds Aston Martin.

You want a picture of it like....you dont drive.... :laugh:

get audi 3.2 quauttro a3shape you cant beat them imo cheep cars get one for around 5g still have change get to a scrap yard and get a rs4 steering wheel and gere stick for it safe reliable and fast enough 4 weel drive to for the snoww

• Like 1

£10k is a good budget, you are spoilt for choice for that. I just sold my 313hp Nissan 350z Roadster for 9k. Was a fully loaded 2007 model, had every option the dealer offered - was £36k new.

Ive been looking at cheap fast cars recently, vx220`s ive seen for under £6k, the vx220 turbo for £9k, lotus elise for £7k, Evo 6`s (i think it was the 6) for £4k, My mates got a scooby with 300bhp which cost him less than £2k. Golf r32`s are getting cheap now. E46 M3`s are around 6k->8k. Old Porsche boxsters are £5k. You can even squeeze a 911 in just about for £10k.

All depends on what you want really and what you class as fast.

The only thing i would say is that you cant just factor in the buying cost, you have to think of the running cost. No point in getting a prosche for 5k then having to fork out 6k on maintenance / running costs. Likewise, for the money the E46 M3 is a very very quick car, but anything goes wrong and you could be spending a lot.

My 350z I bought outright for cash, and yet it was still costing me over £1400 a month to run. Petrol was about £500 a month alone @ 25mpg, £460 road tax, £900 insurance, £1000 set of tyres, £250 for brake pads, plus £600 a month in depreciation alone. Soon adds up!

• Like 1

£10k is a good budget, you are spoilt for choice for that. I just sold my 313hp Nissan 350z Roadster for 9k. Was a fully loaded 2007 model, had every option the dealer offered - was £36k new.

You lost £5K per year just on depreciation on a top spec model? Salesman saw you coming and you must crap fivers whilst wiping with twenties ;):D

Aye like Jackinbox says its running costs these days..

I could not afford to run fast car with todays fuel prices let alone insurance..

I paid £800 fully comp on a scooby 10 years ago would shuder at the price now with having points and loosing my no cliams :cray:

My pal that had the Vx220 just chucked money away on it, it was rapid nice little weekend summer number but that was it.. I picked a bird up from train station and could not get her case in the car even on her lap, had to give her cash for a taxi and looked a right tosser.. Only took the car to show off :icon_redface:

I could not afford to run fast car with todays fuel prices let alone insurance..

I paid £800 fully comp on a scooby 10 years ago would shuder at the price now with having points and loosing my no cliams :cray:

My pal that had the Vx220 just chucked money away on it, it was rapid nice little weekend summer number but that was it.. I picked a bird up from train station and could not get her case in the car even on her lap, had to give her cash for a taxi and looked a right tosser.. Only took the car to show off :icon_redface:

Thats quite funny really! Turn up in a vx220 and she cant get her bag in! :)

Insurance is a killer. Ive 20 years NCB, a clean license and live in a quiet cul-de-sac full of pensioners in the middle of nowhere - and my insurance company was still trying to charge me over a grand a year for my 350z. I was paying less than £200 a year for a Golf GTI at the time so it was a massive increase. They just try to bend you over at every opportunity.

You lost £5K per year just on depreciation on a top spec model? Salesman saw you coming and you must crap fivers whilst wiping with twenties ;):D

Most new cars will loose about 50% of their value in the first 3 years. However I bought it 2nd hand to try and avoid a big hit. Unfortunately that didnt workout as I lost 6 grand in about 12 months on it as the market for high powered gas guzzlers dropped like a rocket with the fuel prices rising. You have to run them on super unleaded which isnt cheap. You only have to look at cars like Mazda RX8`s.. you cant give them away now and yet a few years back they were 20 odd grand!

Edited by jackinbox99
  • Like 1

Tell the truth you couldn't fit her fat arse in................ :laugh:
  • Like 1