Dog or bitches for foxes

Back in the good old days which of the 2 made for better fox dogs and hunters?I know every dog is different but would like to hear what other people's different views and experiences were. I always kept bitches and to be honest none ever made good fox dogs only taken a few a season. Are dogs more cut out for it than bitches? Cheers lads

Your probably right mate, although in my experience i honestly haven't seen a decent fox dog that was a bitch they all seemed to be dogs. I had a bitch that was a whippet type that fired right into them all the time but just her height n build that let her down. There seems to be more dogs doing the job so was wanting to hear different stories.

if you read the USA posts, most dogs do better on yotes than bitches . And yotes are alot bigger+stronger than any fox and fight harder . They have bitches (stags) that do yotes but from what they say dogs are better.My best fox dog was a 26in colliexgrey Blaze, he would smash them no prob, had bitza bitch would kill them but not as good on them as Blaze.!