Is It legal In Scotland To Shoot Your Air Rifle In Waste Land That No One Owns?

Hello everyone i have been searching every where trying to find a law that states you can not fire your air rifle in waste land that has no land owner.

I am wondering if anyone knows if there is such a law in scotland?

As i have known an area of land close to me that is a few miles from any built up area and is polluted with rabbits. it is waste land that no one looks after or controls, I know the locals use it to take their unlicenced quads and scramblers there and never have any hastle from the police.

I just dont want to go down at night with my Air Arms S400 and start shooting there and have the police turning up.

Any feedback would be much appreciated as i dont fancey looseing my gun.

And would love to know the law on this matter or the best way to go around what i would like o do.

Regards Steve.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lot of regs up in jockland are different to england and wales, down here the sticking points would be:- if common groung shooting is illegal, next, if not common ground just unknown owner, how do you

Interesting, from BASC via AGF:   http://www.airgunforum.net/agf/index.php?showtopic=12881   Tony  

all land is owned by someone!! you need permission

Hello everyone i have been searching every where trying to find a law that states you can not fire your air rifle in waste land that has no land owner.

I am wondering if anyone knows if there is such a law in scotland?

As i have known an area of land close to me that is a few miles from any built up area and is polluted with rabbits. it is waste land that no one looks after or controls, I know the locals use it to take their unlicenced quads and scramblers there and never have any hastle from the police.

I just dont want to go down at night with my Air Arms S400 and start shooting there and have the police turning up.

Any feedback would be much appreciated as i dont fancey looseing my gun.

And would love to know the law on this matter or the best way to go around what i would like o do.

Regards Steve.

all land is owned by someone!! you need permission ;)
  • Like 1

lot of regs up in jockland are different to england and wales, down here the sticking points would be:- if common groung shooting is illegal, next, if not common ground just unknown owner, how do you get permission to shoot from the landowner, get nabbed on that sort of ground here and your in the sh*t as the onus is on you to prove you can shoot legally, best to use a few snares on the quiet or let the dog run off the lead by accident :whistling:

• Like 3

years ago it was no problem, but back then you were exspected to bugger off up that end to that!

today..alas what with all the masacers happening with airguns, erhhh i mean ermm..yu get the jist, nobody cares if its air or a bazooka.. some body owns it, even if theyre evading the land tax and disapeered years ago, so..tecnically eather the goverment get it by default, or the council has its dibs, or the benifactor pays up and claims it.

you'll get screwed in today's lynch mob mentality.

If it's owned by no-one, then it's owned by the state :(

If you set foot on it with a gun, as already said, your gonna wind up in front of the Sheriff for armed trespass with a MANDATORY term in the big house :(

And with the way the Scottish are going with regards air guns, thats not a happy place that you want to be :nono:

Tony

• Like 1