DID I DO THE RIGHT THING

hi all a couple of weeks back a friend said he knew a guy looking to rehome a japanese spitz bitch we were looking for a pet to have in the house with the kids so i contacted this guy he brought her into me . we wanted to see how our little boy would be as he is autisic he took to her right away which was a big suprise . the guy explained all bout her his daughter was in college had lost interest and he dont like dogs at all .the bitch settled in perfect and kids adored her all great . then this week i get a call guy wants her back daughter wants her home thats it . i explained im sorry but she is part of the family now i cant take her from the kids now especially my boy . he was adamant he was taking her and thats that i got f****d up told him to go f**k himself im keeping her and thats it not my fault you got rid of a pet your mistake your 20 year old will get over it quicker than a 3 6 and 11 year olds ive heard no more since and dont think i will was i right or wrong wat would you have done

Regardless whether the dog was " free " or " rehomed " however you want to word it...............always pay money,if youd of give him even a piddly 50 quid out of goodwill this situation could never arise......and even if it did you paid your money the dogs yours.

Regardless whether the dog was " free " or " rehomed " however you want to word it...............always pay money,if youd of give him even a piddly 50 quid out of goodwill this situation could never arise......and even if it did you paid your money the dogs yours.

thats the funny thing i offered him money would not take anything he just wanted rid he was going to give her to the dog warden if not and she is beautiful and so clean and well behaved a joy to have . i wud have payed for her not a problem
  • Like 1

IMO nothing wrong with the guy asking for the dog back. Things might have changed personalky for you in the time you had the dog and it could work out best for both parties.....

BUT they guy must leave you be once you say 'no thankyou, the dog is staying'.

Chances are, the girls jealous and now wants the dog back. In a couple of months when she is fed up then he would be back. In the meantime you would have got another pet.

In short, your right.

Dog Gifted...It's Yours .IMO.. If it didn't work out for You..then he gets first offer of a Return..if it's going elsewhere..

No way should he be expecting a RETURN..where you BABYSITTING it for Him !!!! Rank out of order....But with Dogs anything goes with some folk !

I wouldn't return the dog , A. The Kids and B. He/She don't deserve a dog . . . Tell him to get his daughter a Teddy Bear and when she gets fed up with that he can put it in a cupboard ready for when she decides she wants to have it back again . . . Hey Presto out off the cupboard it can come !!!

• Like 2