Rabbits wanted......

martin

£2 ready to go in bags you must be wearing a mask typing that out I can get £4.50 per rabbit bagged to go and I am sure you will be banging them out for at least a fiver each ................

I sell them for £4.50 each or 3 for £10 ,this is not a hobby for me bud it's my livelihood,so you must be wearing a mask as well if you are indeed selling them for the same price,but i have a hell of a lot of overheads! I have a website you can check my prices on...........

http://sc-gamelarder.com/

Everybody has overheads ... diesel to get to your permission buying long nets and purse nets every few years batteries for the locator and box feeding the dogs and ferrets electric needed for lighting to prep the rabbits electric for the chest freezer to freeze them plastic bags to pack them more diesel to deliver them to my variouse customers and that's without charging for my labour as in 8 hours ferreting and the couple of hours prepping the rabbits and the time it takes to deliver the rabbits so you see Martin I think I deserve £4.50 per rabbit as I have worked for it not as you are doing and taking a prepped rabbit with all the above work gone into it and giving a guy £2 per rabbit and all you have to do is hand it on to your customer and make over double the amount in profit ... I am not knocking your business and best of luck with it but I certainly ain't wearing a mask ...........

obviously still smarting from the cat pic Ken....lol By the way the Sgt that you used to sell rabbits that was with my mate when he shot it asked to be remembered to you.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everybody has overheads ... diesel to get to your permission buying long nets and purse nets every few years batteries for the locator and box feeding the dogs and ferrets electric needed for lightin

I sell them for £4.50 each or 3 for £10 ,this is not a hobby for me bud it's my livelihood,so you must be wearing a mask as well if you are indeed selling them for the same price,but i have a hell of

WELL PUT SOCKS!!!!!!!!. i'd rather feed them to the dogs than sell them at that price. not having a go at you mate but it is hard work crawling about on your hands and knees getting stung by nettles t

WELL PUT SOCKS!!!!!!!!. i'd rather feed them to the dogs than sell them at that price. not having a go at you mate but it is hard work crawling about on your hands and knees getting stung by nettles then getting stung by you.

I too crawl around on my hands and knees ferreting RAW so you aren't the only hero and if you don't want to sell me yours then don't,I am in it to make a living not a hobby like you.

So you are slapping £3.50 per rabbit, not sure how many overheads you have but that's taking the piss. Just seen you are knocking 20p pigeons out for £2 each.

Jog on you robbing b*****d.

The prices on the website are retail prices and they are cheaper than almost every other retailer The trade prices which are another part of my business are a lot less,but I am not a robbing b*****d by any stretch of the imagination,but then again I am not sure why i am trying to teach you the ways of the commercial world for,but I paid well over £1000 for a dry plucker for the birds that I process,and I make more from Pheasants than Pigeons,but I have to buy 5000 a season just from one shoot and I only pay cash.Have a nice day Tug,and I can only guess how you come up with that name....lol

If you were a bit closer Martin, I'd sort you some out.

Cheers Ian mate,and I certainly aint worried about what some of the PC hunters on here have to say.

Martin

I never smart about anything Martin just stating the facts of overheads and that we all have them ... And as I told you send me the fellas phone number or he can have mine no probs ... I understand business Martin and mark ups and if you offered lads a decent price for a hard earned rabbit you would get a lot more interest .... I kill over 5000 rabbits every year but I wouldn't part with them for the price your asking knowing you are going to make over twice the money off my back ... However as I said in my original post I genuinely wish you the best of luck with your business it's tuff out there ............

So you are slapping £3.50 per rabbit, not sure how many overheads you have but that's taking the piss. Just seen you are knocking 20p pigeons out for £2 each.

He isnt robbing you, he is offering you money for a carcass. If you dont like it, dont take him up on the offer, but dont slate him for it. He is being upfront, and not hiding anything.

Look at ebay, and car boots, and business in general, people are all taking their little piece out of the going rate.

I

He isnt robbing you, he is offering you money for a carcass. If you dont like it, dont take him up on the offer, but dont slate him for it. He is being upfront, and not hiding anything.

Look at ebay, and car boots, and business in general, people are all taking their little piece out of the going rate.

I

Thank you Tegater

I look at it this way...

If a farmer phones me up and says "I'm getting hammered by pigeons, on the turnips I have just sown etc the first thought in my head, isn't...."If I have a good days work and shoot 150 pigeons, wtf am I going to do with them"

It is more like "yes, I will get up as soon as I can" (before somebody else gets the job)

I might then end up with a load of pigeons, that I might not have a market for.........

Now..getting 20p for each of those birds, at least pays for the ammo!!

No brainer if you can't get them shifted within an hour of leaving the field.

• Like 1

who do people sell theyr rabbits to? in general? because iv asked butchers,and theyv all turned me down,,if iv got more than a few rabbits i have to stop rabbiting ,,as i dont kill for fun ,i can only fit a few in the freezer,i might start just asking joe public? but any ideas as to where to sell them is very welcome, ps if you were closer id take you up on that offer mate! good luck! ft

Most go out ferreting and shooting because they enjoy it, there not out to make money, but if they can make a few quid from selling what they have got, rather than be stuck with an excess amount they cannot store or give away, sell them !

Anyway its the going rate around my parts, unless you skin them, but I can't be arsed :D , most of mine I just give away to mates for dog food, or the old boys kicking about...but if I go for a big bag, its got to be at least a 100 before I take them to the gamedealer, less and I just give them away if I have no freezer space, its not worth the hassle for small numbers.

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

£2 ready to go in bags you must be wearing a mask typing that out I can get £4.50 per rabbit bagged to go and I am sure you will be banging them out for at least a fiver each ................

I sell them for £4.50 each or 3 for £10 ,this is not a hobby for me bud it's my livelihood,so you must be wearing a mask as well if you are indeed selling them for the same price,but i have a hell of a lot of overheads! I have a website you can check my prices on...........

http://sc-gamelarder.com/

Everybody has overheads ... diesel to get to your permission buying long nets and purse nets every few years batteries for the locator and box feeding the dogs and ferrets electric needed for lighting to prep the rabbits electric for the chest freezer to freeze them plastic bags to pack them more diesel to deliver them to my variouse customers and that's without charging for my labour as in 8 hours ferreting and the couple of hours prepping the rabbits and the time it takes to deliver the rabbits so you see Martin I think I deserve £4.50 per rabbit as I have worked for it not as you are doing and taking a prepped rabbit with all the above work gone into it and giving a guy £2 per rabbit and all you have to do is hand it on to your customer and make over double the amount in profit ... I am not knocking your business and best of luck with it but I certainly ain't wearing a mask ...........

Thats a very intresting view from a guy who ferrets for income :laugh:

i can understand both sides but for me if ive been out early season with the rimmy and ive got over 100 or more i will always just drop the guts and drop the lot off for the game dealer to pick up at £1 each, tbh its easier than messing about skinning,storing and selling them myself.

Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

I know one thing the cost of running a fully licenced gamedealers that have higher hygene standards that placing serving food and constant change of standards year on year far outweight the cost of nets knocker box fuel etc ,

Its laughable that a person thats self employed cant see the need for a 50% mark up :laugh: when having this type of business how do you think the oven ready coneys get to the customer magic carpet they have to be moved by van and chileed one at that .

ATB Cookie

who do people sell theyr rabbits to? in general? because iv asked butchers,and theyv all turned me down,,if iv got more than a few rabbits i have to stop rabbiting ,,as i dont kill for fun ,i can only fit a few in the freezer,i might start just asking joe public? but any ideas as to where to sell them is very welcome, ps if you were closer id take you up on that offer mate! good luck! ft

Google game dealers in yor are simples

i dont catch mega amounts of rabbits ,but i dont have any problems getting rid of them either, heads go to the ferrets ,bruised rabbits are frozen before being fed to the dogs ,and eaters are snapped up by family and hard up locals i can easily sell 10/20 rabbits per week i normally sell for £2 each gutted and skinned ,this pays for petrol and a bit of equipment ,i also sell un skinned rabbits for £1 each if i catch quite a few and sell them to one guy who trades them for a pint in his local (so hes actually getting £3 each lol ) . at the end of the day its not a buisness for me but everyone likes to make a buck ,local butchers sell rabbit for £5 each but wont pay more than £1.50 each and they have got to be gutted ,skinned,unmarked ,and oven ready .

at the end of the day its the market that decides the price ,butchers will only pay£1.50,locals will pay a little more ,but wont pay £5.00,

if your wanting a fair price ,then what price would you say was a fair price for a rabbit?

Edited by jimster68