Beddy Lurcher Opinions.

When line bred you can throw a stamp bitches of our lined normaly thro 23-24 tts and dogs 24 -25 tts al same shape but each to there own I suppose atb

In the right hands the breeding can be controlled,how often do people breed with thought or reason behind it?.The same can be said of any type of lurcher i suppose,each to their own,thats the beauty about lurchers,what suits one may not suit his neighbour,theres a type out there to suit every kennel and hunting lifestyle.
  • Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's our little girl Milly, whippet greyhound x whippet bedlington and is 8 months old, she's very smart, loving and loyal never stops working on our 1 1/2 hour mooch. She's very wary of strangers

there not every ones cup of tea but to be honest and having runners for many years these dogs was what i started with and i will finish with i think its there head strong behaver as young dogs that pu

i have one here mate 18" tts 26lb i lamp him and he works with rifle and shotgun, lined a bedlington x whippet 3 weeks ago

where would you find a good bedlington to produce a lurcher,seems to be a lot of bedlington cross lurchers about and a working bedlington is unheard off.

i have one here mate 18" tts 26lb i lamp him and he works with rifle and shotgun, lined a bedlington x whippet 3 weeks ago2011_0520oden0011.jpg2011_0520oden0009.jpgsash109.jpg

nice him mate

I,ve been walking rake aboots beddy x for the last few days and I must say it surprises me to be honest, a real bold pup which you you would expect with the terrier influence but seems a very bright thinking type beast as well, if it was a bitch I,d have it in a second :yes:

• Like 1

I,ve been walking rake aboots beddy x for the last few days and I must say it surprises me to be honest, a real bold pup which you you would expect with the terrier influence but seems a very bright thinking type beast as well, if it was a bitch I,d have it in a second :yes:

great we dogs i cant see by then as you say bold its do or die stuff with mine great to watch :thumbs:

great we dogs i cant see by then as you say bold its do or die stuff with mine great to watch :thumbs:

its not the boldness that surprises me mate to be honest, its more the brightness of the pup," you can see the wheels gawn roond in its heid" which is what surprises me a little, a good friend of mines had a 1st x ( newcombes blue ) a few years back and whether it was because I was a bit green or what but it never registered if it was bright as this pup rakes got :thumbs:

its not the boldness that surprises me mate to be honest, its more the brightness of the pup," you can see the wheels gawn roond in its heid" which is what surprises me a little, a good friend of mines had a 1st x ( newcombes blue ) a few years back and whether it was because I was a bit green or what but it never registered if it was bright as this pup rakes got :thumbs:

i know where your coming from kittle one of mines is so clever that what he does he works of the other dog brillant to watch as you say you can see them thinking atb

i know where your coming from kittle one of mines is so clever that what he does he works of the other dog brillant to watch as you say you can see them thinking atb

not sure if you,ll convert me lol but I can see where mixing it up could throw some decent animals :thumbs:

• Like 1

there not every ones cup of tea but to be honest and having runners for many years these dogs was what i started with and i will finish with i think its there head strong behaver as young dogs that puts the people off not for first timers mine took a lot of time to settle but it just all clicked in at 12 months great companion never say die on its game will work day with ferrets and find rabbits in thick cover turns off at night on the lamp walks with no lead even if theres other dogs out with us great dog to own and will fill a freezer and thats all i want photo zak two years 22inch atb troterzaconbacks010-1.jpg

• Like 7

Been breeding and working bedlington cross types for years (35 of them!) My stock came from Derek Croucher and Mark Blake of Cornwall whose family used to run a pack of gun hounds.

Mum and the pup we kept for ourselves. I actually picked a bitch but circumstances changed and we had a friend who toook her and I kept the one my son was going to have - he'll be at stud in a couple of years, only 10 months at the moment, so no proven ability.

Tigs01.jpg

annadogs01.jpg

FlyTigs01.jpg

Fly011.jpg

• Like 2