Wormer's That Cover Everything..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vets like to frightend the public especially the old and the ignorant so you by their products.atb sp

After reading a recent thread on slug's and there increase i have to agree with everyone that they are everywhere this year..i use Drontal + and i dont think they cover heart and lung worm's..does any

milbemax is a broad spectrum wormer that stops heart worm but will not cure an exsisting case. i think most of the problems relating to ivernectin relate to people over dosing when injecting if you go

Moll i was reading a leaflet in the vet's waiting room a few week's back that suggest's we do..i don't know how true this maybe.. :hmm:

Well we never had it here ;)

Sometimes lungworm is called French heart worm, a different thing to heart worm which is spread by mosquitoes :thumbs:

panacur is spot on, i use it every couple of times, i try an use others aswell so i not always using same 1, but while feeding raw whole rabbits, when its time for worming if use panacur i see the best results, but i dont like using it too often incase it stops workin lol

If a dog has collie in the make up is ivermectin not poisinous to them mate..

millet i tryed it on a collie x she was fine or is it a old wifes tail :thumbs: i did here the same thing but my mate from wales uses it on hes collies :thumbs:

advocate deals with= fleas+larvea, round,hook,whip,lung and heart worms, ear mites, sarcoptes, demodex and biting lice, dont know cost got, a pipette off vet free when pup had injections

Good post millet the slugs are a nightmare especially when you have a pup around, iv been worried about them myself,this advocate sounds like good stuff let us no how you get on with it please lads :thumbs:

I have just copied this info from the net and after reading many different veiw's Advocate is about the best followed by Milbemax..sorry about the yellow text.. :whistling:..i'm not sure about the bit where Milbamex should not be used in collie breed's.. :hmm:

Drontal Plus will cover all intestinal worms found here in the UK, but does not touch Heart/Lung worms, or anything else such as ticks or fleas.

It appears Panacur is fine for Round worms and Tape worms. It will eliminate Lungworm, but cannot be used as a preventative. To get rid of Lungworm it takes at least a week's course rather than a single dose.

Milbemax Like Panacur is a broad spectrum wormer which can also be used as a preventative for Lungworm, in normal doses. But again like Panacur needs high doses if the worm has become established. Milbemax should NEVER be used for Collie breeds, and can be a problem with other breeds, so needs monitoring (as any medication should be.)

Advocate can be used both as a preventative and cure, and is again a broad spectrum wormer and also controls fleas, ear mites sarcoptic mange and demodicosis, but to my knowledge does not touch Ticks or I think Tape worms.

Frontline controls fleas and ticks but does not touch worms.

So there you are. Nothing covers everything! So many people are now rotating what they use in an effort to cover the lot. But of course, that has risks. For example, Bayer, the manufacturers of Advocate would test all their products to ensure compatibility, but would be under no obligation to test against other manufacturers products. Most I�ve no doubt would be perfectly safe, but you are on your own without a lifebe

Edited by Millet
  • Like 1