Wormer's That Cover Everything..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vets like to frightend the public especially the old and the ignorant so you by their products.atb sp

After reading a recent thread on slug's and there increase i have to agree with everyone that they are everywhere this year..i use Drontal + and i dont think they cover heart and lung worm's..does any

milbemax is a broad spectrum wormer that stops heart worm but will not cure an exsisting case. i think most of the problems relating to ivernectin relate to people over dosing when injecting if you go

I called into the local pet supermarket yesterday to enquire about Panacure 10% and Advocate. The 'worm' nurse/assistant told me that Panacure 10% won't deal with heart worm and advised me that advocate was prescription only...huh!...Just clicked on this link found on this site https://www.discountpetcare.co.uk/home.aspx and purchased a six pack with out a prescription for about £39.00, a tenner cheaper than the local vet. I shall shop around for a better/cheaper supplier as it will cost around £228.00 per year for my small pack, the pups have proven to be good catchers of slugs and I often remove dead and chewed up slugs from their bed...yuk!.. :bad:

• Like 1

Brilliant Mike.. :victory: ..i will be ordering from there me think's i have not had chance to go to the vet's yet plus i wormed them not long ago on Drontal + ..but after the bank holiday i will buy a load at once as i'm sure it will work out cheaper than going to the vet's.. :yes:

advocate , panacur, milbermax are all good wormers BUT IVERMECTIN AND ADVOCATE DO NOT DO TAPEWORMS i dont think there is any product on the market that does everything so it pays to use different products as some kill what others dont

for me i use a good allround wormer every 2 months and once a year i give them a shot of ivermec and have never had any problems and my mutts are 100% barf fed

• Like 1

Of course I won't spend as much as I thought over the year as the cold weather makes the buggers disappear!

I called into my local vet today and bought some off their shelf, they were supprised that this prescription drug was readily available. They offered to match the internet price, maybe you could challenge your vet Millet?

The weights have me a bit wary, according to those pipettes my terriers are classed as large dogs :D

I will be going for the X large Moll that way i will even it out accordingly so all my dog's will be done with 2 pipettes..i do the same with the frontline..

Well, I reckon it's good stuff Millet! I'm sure one or possibly both pups may have had lung worm, too much of a coincidence that there are so many slugs about and Lucy in particular has been showing symptoms of lung worm. After treating with Advocate there was a noticeable difference in her after twenty four hours and back to normal around 48 hours. I shall keep up the treatment to prevent re infestation until the frost gets the slugs.

• Like 1

I think i may of wasted my money.. :icon_eek: ..a friend of mine has just recieved a order of Advocate from the link..it cover's allsort's of parasite's and even heart worm which we don't have in this country..but it say's on the box that it does not cover lung worm (french heart worm)..and that is the main reason i have ordered it..at least it cover's flea's though..

Mine arrived today, exactly the same packaging as the prescription I purchased from a local vet to deal with problems caused by eating/chewing/retreiving live to hand slugs :bad: . All the numbers etc are identical on both packages.

Copied from the www.... Advocate flea treatment kills and/or prevents fleas, flea larvae, roundworm, heartworm and ear mites. Advocate for dogs, also treats other parasites including currently being the only commercially available product for lungworm, which dogs can pick up from simply eating slugs or snails.

What did your mate purchase Millet?