No car insurance?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When he goes to court just tell them he's either an MP or a banker.... He'll have his legal fees paid for by the taxpayer and will be able to claim damages from the taxpayers for making him look fooli

Revenue for old HRH won't collect itself!

No insurance carries 6points, but depending on the judge he may get 5 & a big fine if the judge shows leniency, I'd say it's a 50/50 chance

Might be worth making sure that he actually hasnt got insurance, many companies automatically renew your insurance for you unless you fight them tooth and nail to stop them renewing. Precisely to stop people being in your friends situation. Just because the renewal date has passed doesnt mean the policy hasnt been auto renewed.

He has checked that mate......unfortuntely a no go.....cheers anyway.. :thumbs:

Sorry to hear that, thought it was worth trying, perhaps I will think more kindly on the practise next time Im wanting to switch insurers at renewal time.

Unfortunately my next line of advice would be to see if he had legal expenses cover on contents insurance through his bank etc etc and to see if that will help him in his situation, at the very least he may be able to get free advice on what is best to do. As far as I can see an offence has been commited and from here on out professional legal advice is what he needs, if he can get quality advice for free so much the better.

• Like 1

been done twice in my younger days

both times ended in bans and fines of over £700

mind you they wanted me off the road cause i used to buy and sell Q plates :ninja:

so even with a good solicitor i had no chance

but a lad that works for me has 18 points so theres chance for your pal

make sure he tells them about the difficulty he'll have getting to his little girl

• Like 1

I had a similar experience. I had learnt to not even consult let alone heed a lawyer. I pleaded guilty with mitigating circumstances and graciously accepted the 100 quid fine (no points). I would be very happy to draft a letter for him. No promises of course, but i don't charge and he can reject any draft with out obligation.

PM me for more details.

Of course, if I were in his situation, in light of the fact there is simply no injured party whatsoever and his so called 'crime/violation' is a legal not lawful one, I would decline any and all invitations to attend a 'court'. All communications would be shoved with glee back into the nearest post box with "Return To Sender - No Contract" emblazoned across them.

That's not my advice in this instance as I doubt your friend has the desire nor background knowledge to successfully avoid any potential doorstep visits with his freedom intact and his record unblemished...

Did his mam not think to forward the letters on?? Howay!! I think he's f****d Lab unless he pleads guilty and states his reasons why he needs his vehicle (daughter, work etc) and a decent judge should see sense. One question, I drove past a traffic car once whilst DWI on the way to scrapping it, I thought they all had ANPR (sp) cameras? Either way he didn't flash and my arse stopped nipping as I drove out of sight!

If you accumilate 12 or more points within 3 years then in scotland its an automatic 6 months or more ban..he may get away with it if the last offence was longer than 3 years ago. Severe hardship is the case to plead not just hardship. Thats the whole point of a ban to cause you hardship. So tell your mate to lay it on thick Lab. Maybe he will be lucky on the 3 year points scale anyway. regards stabba

• Like 1

I would strongly caution against admitting any wrongdoing. Your friend i presume, like me, set out believing himself to be in full compliance with the road traffic act. By doing as i suggest (pleading guilty with mitagating circumstances with a carefully worded account) you appease them yet let it be known you are no criminal, thus inviting leniency.